UConn to use Whitmer AND Boyle on Saturday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn to use Whitmer AND Boyle on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Quarterbacks meeting the requirements of the staff I thinks is one reason why our offense has been less than optimal. Edsall went with pro style then seemed to switch to dual-threat near the end of his term, those guys came in and P wanted pro style. those guys came in and now D wants spread. The offense will sputter until a system is in place and stable for a longer length of time.

I think edsall used what he had. Give him credit for managing his style based on the players. On the flip side, recruiting the qb position was not stellar with several exceptions.

Reaction Score
I think edsall used what he had. Give him credit for managing his style based on the players. On the flip side, recruiting the qb position was not stellar with several exceptions.
I think if you look at they guys Edsall recruited before he left, it was Box, the kid who went to Fordham, Scott McCombs, he was looking for a spread quarterback. That was his plan. Really Lorenzen was that style too. Frazer was more a case of taking an advantage of an opportunity.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I know it's easy to forget Endres....but he really was the best QB since Dan O.

oh...and it was McCummings......Scott McCombs? That's worse than Cody Whitmer!

Reaction Score
Boy a LOT of BYers are going to eat crow after this Boise game.

I am solidly in the camp that TB will perform better than last year and will make headway and be our starter by the Temple game, bringing this program back from the dumpster.

Now the ones quoting copious statistics from TB's games as a young unprepared freshman last year (against very strong competition) will be served the dish cold. I do admire their memory of the statistics, I for one have erased them from my mind. They mean nothing.

If for some reason Whitmer plays lights out, and TB is bad, I will gladly eat two helpings.

From your mouth to God's ear. But I would point out that what you basically said was "the facts mean nothing because I have my beliefs." Our minds work differently.

Reaction Score
Quarterbacks meeting the requirements of the staff I thinks is one reason why our offense has been less than optimal. Edsall went with pro style then seemed to switch to dual-threat near the end of his term, those guys came in and P wanted pro style. those guys came in and now D wants spread. The offense will sputter until a system is in place and stable for a longer length of time.

You're dangerously close to suggesting the square peg, round hole conundrum. Let's not go there.

Reaction Score
If a QB gets sacked and the offense is forced to punt within the next 3 plays (i.e. without getting a 1st down to erase the lost yardage), I personally count that as a turnover.

LMAO. That's the equivalent of a woman explaining why, after having sex, she is still a virgin.

Words have meaning. You don't get to make up your own meanings for them.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You're dangerously close to suggesting the square peg, round hole conundrum. Let's not go there.
Diaco won't cut corners, so he'll widen the hole.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
LMAO. That's the equivalent of a woman explaining why, after having s e x, she is still a virgin.

Words have meaning. You don't get to make up your own meanings for them.
Intercourse or oral? I'd expect you to 1) keep your options open, 2) require more detail, you being an attorney and all.

Reaction Score
Boy a LOT of BYers are going to eat crow after this Boise game.

I am solidly in the camp that TB will perform better than last year and will make headway and be our starter by the Temple game, bringing this program back from the dumpster.

Now the ones quoting copious statistics from TB's games as a young unprepared freshman last year (against very strong competition) will be served the dish cold. I do admire their memory of the statistics, I for one have erased them from my mind. They mean nothing.

If for some reason Whitmer plays lights out, and TB is bad, I will gladly eat two helpings.

I would love for you to be right. I just want to win. I support giving Boyle snaps and bringing him along slowly to see how he performs. I don't think throwing him back in as the starter like we did last year is the smart move.

I may not like some of Diaco's statements, and his decisions, but I trust he's got a plan. Whether it's Boyle or Whitmer, it's going to take time to fix this program, and I'm all in for the ride.

Reaction Score
I would love for you to be right. I just want to win. I support giving Boyle snaps and bringing him along slowly to see how he performs. I don't think throwing him back in as the starter like we did last year is the smart move.

I may not like some of Diaco's statements, and his decisions, but I trust he's got a plan. Whether it's Boyle or Whitmer, it's going to take time to fix this program, and I'm all in for the ride.

That Diaco has a plan, is not debatable. He most certainly has a short term, intermediate and long term plan for all aspects of the program.

There are really only two questions:

#1. Is the whole of the plan, all the aspects of the program a good plan?

(Time will tell - so far we're 1-1 in 2014 win and loss, we've initiated positive change in the culture of the program, from conditioning, to nutrition, to attitude and teamwork, and we've got a recruiting class set up that has definite traits------so far, so good)

#2. Is the plan flexible? Especially during things like regular season games? (special inflection to be placed on 'regular' :) )

#1, doesn't concern me, #2, sort of does. But time will tell again.

Along the way, it's safe to say that the collective consciousness that is the boneyard football community online, will continue to be certain to point out any and all flaws to be found, real or otherwise imagined, whether it be the most minutiae detail of something, to a gross incompetence, we'll find it, shine a light on it, and write pages and pages about it, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. That is our mission. That is our birthright.

Bring on Boise State vs. Diaco's Plan,,,,,,,I mean Boise State vs. UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom