UConn to the AAC ! | The Boneyard

UConn to the AAC !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AAC works for me. On another thread we discussed the value of having a name that would be listed before the other conferences. I mentioned how many of my Greek brethren name their diners/pizzerias/restaurants with names like Athens, Athenian, Acropolis, Apollo, etc. so they would be near the top of the list in the yellow pages. A name beginning with two As would certainly be at the top of any list. Heck, it would even beat out the Aardvark Conference! LOL

Reaction Score
AAC works for me. On another thread we discussed the value of having a name that would be listed before the other conferences. I mentioned how many of my Greek brethren name their diners/pizzerias/restaurants with names like Athens, Athenian, Acropolis, Apollo, etc. so they would be near the top of the list in the yellow pages. A name beginning with two As would certainly be at the top of any list. Heck, it would even beat out the Aardvark Conference! LOL
By the way, maybe we should use American Athletic Association--AAA. That would really put us on top, but would likely get us sued.

Reaction Score
Good for Matt. It's not his turn to defend Bernie Fine

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Better hope you guys capitalize on your trip to the final four. You miss out here and JB hangs em up, the ncaa boot drops, and you'll still be looking up at our banners.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's good.

No "Metro". No numbers. No East to rhyme with "LEast". It looks as if the front office is finally using their heads. Now let's dominate the AAC...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Better hope you guys capitalize on your trip to the final four. You miss out here and JB hangs em up, the ncaa boot drops, and you'll still be looking up at our banners.

My advice - SU should rent a Final Four banner.

You don't want to have a lot of money sunk into something you'll be giving back.

I expected to either like or hate the name - but this is almost so bland that I can't work up a feeling either way.

Reaction Score
There's only one AAC I want to be associated with.

And besides I THOUGHT WE KILLED THIS NAME WEEKS AGO

Reaction Score
I wonder what the conference trophies are going to look like :)

Would love to see an American flag on each!

Reaction Score
Well that's cool, I mean AAC sounds fine and as long as they really emphasize that...

@BigEastConf said:
For those asking, the conference intends to emphasize "The American" as its brand, not an acronym.

tumblr_lndswgG1Np1qch7pn.jpg

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
Works for me too. It is what it is...a generic name for a generic conference. Now let's win this thing!

Reaction Score
What would you have chosen?

I mean really now, how many legit choices are?

I meant the use of "The American" instead of AAC. Who cares if its a little confusing with the ACC, that helps us more than it hurts us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom