UConn to Request RedShirt for Morgan Next Week | The Boneyard

UConn to Request RedShirt for Morgan Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno is at the New York Athletic Club (with Kevin Ollie) to receive the Wing Foot Award for 8th time. Kevin Ollie also there for the men's award.

Some tweets from Jim Fuller

Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 6m
#UConn's Geno Auriemma said trophies and other items will be moved into practice faciity when staff is out recruiting in July

Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 6m
Rutgers will not be on #UConn's non-conference schedule next season as UConn trying to fill final couple of spots on schedule

Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 3m
#UConn's Geno Auriemma said that Chris Dailey will work with national team in similar capacity as she did in previous 4 years

Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 3m
Former #UConn guard and Hartford women's hoops coach Jen Rizzotti could have unofficial role with women' national team as well

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
The item about not playing Rutgers next year is "new news". I thought that had been definitely arranged.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Auriemma said that Tuck has been making progress coming off her knee surgeries but she is still probably a month and a half away from doing basketball activities.

"She told me that in the middle of next month she is going to be able to do (basketball) stuff," Auriemma said.. "They said six months so it is right around now."

Morgan's surgery was January 30. Returning to basketball activities by the end of June, which is 5-months post surgery, has her right on schedule if not a little ahead.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm kind of surprised, although I'm kinda glad because another RU fan posted on here somewhere that they heard that they couldn't get the game at MSG or Barclays center, so it would had been at UConn.

I do wonder why it fell through...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tons of news. Thanks.

The award is Winged Foot, like the country club.

Kia may lose some time on campus, but she'll be the only collegian playing against Sue Bird, so it may be a wash. :)

Good for CD and Jen. They are real assets.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wing, Winged, Whatever. Clearly I've a lot to learn on well-known country clubs. Has it ever hosted a US Open?
Yes, a number of times. I was there in 2006, the last time it hosted. The Open will be back there in 2020. I hope to take my grandson. Wanna go? I enjoyed 2013 at Merion. :)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yes, a number of times. I was there in 2006, the last time it hosted. The Open will be back there in 2020. I hope to take my grandson. Wanna go? I enjoyed 2013 at Merion. :)

How cool to be going to a US Open at such a young age. It took me 56 years to attend my first! I proudly wore my Merion 2013 windbreaker yesterday.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How cool to be going to a US Open at such a young age. It took me 56 years to attend my first! I proudly wore my Merion 2013 windbreaker yesterday.
I wore my Merion golf shirt today. Proudly. :)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
A friend's father somehow got us selling programs at Winged Foot in the 1959 Open.
I watched a lot...sold a little. Billy Casper won. Ed Sullivan walked by us at one point....he had a really big TV 'shoe'.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Johnny Miller torched Oakmont in the last round of the 1973 Open with a 63. The USGA overreacted a tad.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Johnny Miller torched Oakmont in the last round of the 1973 Open with a 63. The USGA overreacted a tad.
Oakmont is a brutal course. The course has removed trees and bunkers over the years to make it more playable. They slow the greens down from 14 to 13 for the Open. :) But Miller played after a heavy shower had softened the greens and attacked the pins because he was trailing. He was in the zone. It was a rare situation.

Winged Foot is a very hard course, and the membership tends to be serious golfers. Their #2 course is highly rated as well.

The toughest conditions I saw in person were at Pebble in 1992. I knew driving in that it would be a tough day, because the overcast was gone. It was clear and windy. Very small, hard greens, winds of 30 mph, and deep rough. It was one of the highest scoring rounds in Open history. Woosnam, Floyd, and Simpson shot between 80 and 88. Tom Kite kept the ball under the wind and took the lead with a miraculous chip-in on 7. Meanwhile, Gil Morgan was over the cliff at 6. I was at Pebble in 2000 and 2010 also. God willing, I hope to be there in 2019. It's unsurpassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom