UCONN TO RECEIVE INVITE TO NEW CONFERENCE | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN TO RECEIVE INVITE TO NEW CONFERENCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Official release on UConns website says OOC games at Freitas, conference games at XL. Ugh. Doesn't say if that's permanent or not. Either way, terrible setup. STOP PLAYING IN HARTFORD.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HE prob made that happen until we have a real arena on campus. not uconns fault.

Reaction Score
Official release on UConns website says OOC games at Freitas, conference games at XL. Ugh. Doesn't say if that's permanent or not. Either way, terrible setup. STOP PLAYING IN HARTFORD.
That is a temporary situation until UCONN has a useable facility of its own. if the choice is Hockey East in Hartford or Atlantic in Storrs, to me it is an easy decision. Play in Hartford for the time being.

I see it, there are two ways that playing in Hartford can work out. If they draw pretty well and draw more suits by playing downtown, they might stay there for the long term, though likely with a smaller slate of games. If they don't draw well, there they'll ultimately move everything back to campus to an expanded/new Freitas Forum. UCONN athletics has never focused on only the student body as fans. They are and have been for 25 years focused on drawing the state sports fans. Whether it works for hockey or not, i'm not sure, but that's the goal I bet.

Reaction Score
Should consider a beefed up Qunnipiac facility. Hockey one side/basketball other side w/ shared lobby. They have an awesome facility!

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/prebuilt/pdf/TDBanknorthFactSheet.pdf

• QU-ice-rink.jpg
  • QU-basketball.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members