UConn to play NC State in a home & home series starting in 2022-2023 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn to play NC State in a home & home series starting in 2022-2023

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
they keep sleeping on the Pac 12, Oregon is a sleeper last year exceeded expectations after losing Sabally and Ionescu and still a really good team
I don’t know if Kelly Graves would agree. 15-9 & 10-7 in the Pac-12 had to be a disappointment for an Oregon team that brought in what some folks believed was the top recruiting class in the nation along with highly touted transfer Sedona Prince.

W

wolfe613

I don’t know if Kelly Graves would agree. 15-9 & 10-7 in the Pac-12 had to be a disappointment for an Oregon team that brought in what some folks believed was the top recruiting class in the nation along with highly touted transfer Sedona Prince.
Upsetting Georgia and losing to Louisville in the sweet 16 is an accomplishment considering who they lost

Reaction Score
Isn't UConn supposed to schedule Texas next year? I thought it was moved back a year. Anything about homecoming games for the seniors?

Reaction Score
they keep sleeping on the Pac 12, Oregon is a sleeper last year exceeded expectations after losing Sabally and Ionescu and still a really good team
I would not say that Oregon team exceeded expectations

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Upsetting Georgia and losing to Louisville in the sweet 16 is an accomplishment considering who they lost
The Georgia win was a nice win. Louisville embarrassed Oregon. If you’re truly a top program, you don’t rebuild. You reload. UConn lost a 1st team AA, Megan, along with last year’s WNBA ROY, Crystal, and they had a better season with 3 freshmen playing significant roles.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree. That just demonstrates how much those gurus that try to rate recruiting classes know. ;)

W

wolfe613

The Georgia win was a nice win. Louisville embarrassed Oregon. If you’re truly a top program, you don’t rebuild. You reload. UConn lost a 1st team AA, Megan, along with last year’s WNBA ROY, Crystal, and they had a better season with 3 freshmen playing significant roles.
Well that's just laughable to say they're a top program they're not

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well that's just laughable to say they're a top program they're not
At 15-9, I agree with you. But after achieving an aggregate record of 97-12 over the previous 3 seasons, ending each season ranked 7th, 6th & 2nd respectively in the AP poll, the Ducks did not “exceed expectations” this past season as you suggested. In fact, Oregon took a step backwards, ranked 23rd in the final AP poll, after being ranked 9th in a preseason poll.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Isn't Arkansas in the conversation? I thought there was supposed to be a future game with them?
There was some conversation about a future game after the entertaining game at Arkansas. But to the best of my knowledge nothing came of it. Remember that game in Fayetteville was not a “home & home.” It was a fill-in game scheduled on short notice by Geno and Mike Neighbors because of all the cancellations due to the pandemic.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I see Uconn is ducking the real power program in the Triangle ... duke

View attachment 68240
@triaddukefan don't worry! Geno will schedule Duke when they become a power.

Please notice the wisdom of the 'Architect of Greatness' - 3 of the top 2024 players are in North Carolina and number 1 is a short drive away in SC! Every quality hooper in the two states will want to see the P&A show live and may become future recruits once they've seen the show.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Isn't Arkansas in the conversation? I thought there was supposed to be a future game with them?
Arkansas knows we want them badly, and given our current team, I don't believe they are anxious to play us as yet. They lucked out by getting a top home town recruit that had committed to Baylor, so the cupboard is not bare. The SEC is loaded again, and based on their mediocre record against them last year, I don't think they are looking forward to playing us anytime soon, a sure loss that they can't afford to have.

Reaction Score
UConn has 2 openings in their OOC schedule. I wouldn't mind a trip out to either Iowa or Iowa St. Both schools/cities support their teams and deserve a high profile game.

Anyone think ESPN might like another Clark-Bueckers game? :rolleyes:
I would love to see "THE GREAT" CAITLIN CLARK again against UCONN.
It will also be a treat to see Caitlin in the U19 FIBA tournament this August,
after the Olympics. I hope for a U19 FINALS matchup of U19 Team USA vs
Aaliyah Edwards on the U19 Canadian Team!!

Reaction Score
I LOVE THIS NEWS!
Coach going to make this stacked roster step up!
Big East ain’t gonna do that ( at this point).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom