UConn to play in 2012 Carrier Classic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn to play in 2012 Carrier Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very awesome!

Hope we play, Kansas, Illinois, or Florida. :)

Reaction Score
Awesome deal that UConn's getting to be a part of this.

Would like to play Florida (always wanted some payback for the Donyell '94 game), but maybe waiting to meet them in the tourney someday is better. Kansas would be another cool matchup. Not as excited about Illinois.

Reaction Score
Isn't the bigger implication here is that Calhoun will be coaching in 2012?!

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Yes! Was hoping we'd get to play in this. Im in LA so I'll just cruise down for the game.
Unless you got major connections inside the military your not going to this game

Reaction Score
Zona should be absolutely loaded next year with likely Turner and Johnson as the best backcourt in their conference, Hill, and a ridiculous recruiting class. I'd they land Tarczewski, they will have 3 elite big men recruits

Reaction Score
Ok, So im Stationed at Naval Station North Island(NASNI). They are only Giving not selling tickets to about 400 active duty members. All the other tickets are going to the higher up Military people, wounded warriors and big time school doners. MJ and Magic are the honorary Capatains for this years game since its North Carolina and Michigan St. The security is going to be Really tight and if your lucky Enough to get a ticket your name will be on it and you will have to show ID probably more than once and it has to match perfectly or you dont get in. You have to think the Security is going to be tight since you will be boarding a Naval Vessel. I hate to burst anyones bubble but these tickets arent going to be sold on stub hub or any kind of website. It is going to be a really tough ticket and a once and a lifetime opportunity. The game is going to be held on the Flight Deck unless it rains and then it will be in the Hanger. Ive been trying to get tickets for this years game and am gonna try even harder now that the huskies are coming out here in 2012.

Wait... so this is gonna be on the DECK of an aircraft carrier?

That's gonna be the most badass tournament I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Wait... so this is gonna be on the DECK of an aircraft carrier?

That's gonna be the most badass tournament I've ever seen.
Yes this is gonna be on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier. I believe its the uss carl vinson. There are pictures online that show how there going to configure the court and the stands.. Having deployed on the carrier 3 times let me tell you that the flight deck is huge and should have no problem fitting about 7000 people on it!

Reaction Score
I wish it was this year, we could easily lose lamb, drummond, and AO

Reaction Score
It would be almost worth it for these guys to come back for this game (and of course for the 3peat :D)...never going to get a chance to play in a game like this ever again

Reaction Score

I am the first idiot to speculate towards 2012 season with this incredibly promising season coming up, but a team with Bazz, Boatright, Calhoun in the backcourt and Scoe, Daniels, hopefully Bennett, et al will be very exciting and talented.

Reaction Score
Is anyone else curious how the winds coming off the water will affect shots? This may very well turn into a dunk fest. Very interested to see the results of this years game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Illini98

Top Bottom