UConn to host Maine next season | The Boneyard

UConn to host Maine next season

Reaction Score
If you think that team should have done more than win the AAC tournament and lose in the NCAA round of 32 to the number 1 overall seed then I dont know what to tell you.

They should have won the AAC regular season and not be a Jalen Adams prayer away from going to the NIT.

Reaction Score
They should have won the AAC regular season and not be a Jalen Adams prayer away from going to the NIT.

OK, I'm going to say it again. Teams with much lower RPIs prior to the AACT got into the NCAA that year. Tulsa, worse record, worse RPI, worse schedule and OOC, lost in 1st round of AACT, they got into the NCAAs. It's a myth that Jalen's shot landed the team in the tourney.

Reaction Score
OK, I'm going to say it again. Teams with much lower RPIs prior to the AACT got into the NCAA that year. Tulsa, worse record, worse RPI, worse schedule and OOC, lost in 1st round of AACT, they got into the NCAAs. It's a myth that Jalen's shot landed the team in the tourney.

Say it as many times you want they still vastly underachieved in the regular season.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score

Does a play-in game even count as being in the tourney though???

Reaction Score
My God that team underachieved so terribly. Very talented

That team had Final 4 talent. Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton, Miller, Brimah with Adams, Facey, Enoch off the bench. I remember the opening game against Maine, both announcers agreed this was a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
If you think that team should have done more than win the AAC tournament and lose in the NCAA round of 32 to the number 1 overall seed then I dont know what to tell you.
So you think that team's regular season was commensurate with their talent? They should have lost less than 10 games in the regular season and they should have been better than 11-7 in the AAC. Then they wouldn't have had to play Kansas in the 2nd round.

Reaction Score
That team had Final 4 talent. Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton, Miller, Brimah with Adams, Facey, Enoch off the bench. I remember the opening game against Maine, both announcers agreed this was a top 10 team.

In retrospect though, these were odd fitting parts.

You had transfers, grads coming over for one year, and a guy who evidently knew he was out the door all along. Not exactly harmonious parts. Gibbs never really took the reins that year like he was expected too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom