UConn to ACC as soon as Tuesday? | The Boneyard

UConn to ACC as soon as Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News

Granted, I've never heard of this guy before, but at this point, I'll take anything. UConn does seem like the logical choice for the ACC, but I won't hold my breath until something actually gets done.
I know that Louisville's name is gaining steam in addition to ours, with only 1 school getting the invite by these same accounts I've seen. I guess it depends on how much the schools want to maintain the facade that academic associations matter in these realignments. Louisville will accept ANY student with a pulse, and UCONN is a highly selective school. If the ACC is thinking more along the lines of ACTUAL academic integrity a la Duke-we're in. If they're thinking PERCEIVED academic integrity like UNC-we're screwed.

Reaction Score
ESPN2 just said that the rumor mill is swirling with UConn to the ACC. No mention of other schools.

Reaction Score
What about that piece of at BCU? Can he still torpedo UConn's candidacy?

Reaction Score
I thought Defilippo (spelling??) was no longer there at BC? Is that correct?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Having read every single realigment-related post on this board, the Realignment Board and the Football Board, let me sum things up:

1) This may take a while. Don't set your hopes on Tuesday. Doubtful it happens that quickly. There is no reason for the ACC to rush into anything; UConn's not going anywhere else.

2) You're hearing a lot about Louisville because Louisville is SCARED TLESS. The fact that you're not hearing a peep out of anyone from UConn is great news. They'd only be pumping up UConn in public if they weren't confident that they'll have the ACC's ear (if there haven't already been discussions).

Reaction Score
We have so much more than Louisville besides a Johnny Unitas statue. And Papa John's pizza.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Considering ESPN is running college athletics, I will take any rumor from them as true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom