UConn tix office | The Boneyard

UConn tix office

Reaction Score
I just spoke to the UConn ticket office asking attendance type questions and will share their responses.

Possible in-person attendance - undecided. Not certain on students only, World Series type "pods", or 15% capacity with health screen type options or none at all.

Schedule publication - undecided. Gentleman I spoke with thought it was close to release a while back, but too many league variables have delayed finalization.

First game - Gentleman advised Nov 25 has been set for all as "not earlier than" for all.

Location - I asked if the "all games at Storrs" information was correct, none in Hartford, and he confirmed - other than the Mohegan Sun type anomalies.

I live distant, but enjoy the whole Gample Pavilion experience with banners, plaques and the like. Hope to have that option. Also, watching games absent fans really lessens my enjoyment so even if televised I'm hoping for people in the stands.

Q? - Would the individual colleges make their own individual determinations on attendance, or would this be mandated by perhaps the NCAA. The NFL is confusing as some games have fans, others not.

Reaction Score
I just spoke to the UConn ticket office asking attendance type questions and will share their responses.

Possible in-person attendance - undecided. Not certain on students only, World Series type "pods", or 15% capacity with health screen type options or none at all.

Schedule publication - undecided. Gentleman I spoke with thought it was close to release a while back, but too many league variables have delayed finalization.

First game - Gentleman advised Nov 25 has been set for all as "not earlier than" for all.

Location - I asked if the "all games at Storrs" information was correct, none in Hartford, and he confirmed - other than the Mohegan Sun type anomalies.

I live distant, but enjoy the whole Gample Pavilion experience with banners, plaques and the like. Hope to have that option. Also, watching games absent fans really lessens my enjoyment so even if televised I'm hoping for people in the stands.

Q? - Would the individual colleges make their own individual determinations on attendance, or would this be mandated by perhaps the NCAA. The NFL is confusing as some games have fans, others not.

If they allow fans I'm for all students. Even at 15% they would make more noise than an arena filled with blue-hairs.

As for schedules my guess is that it was originally going to be conference only but adding non-conference brought in TV. The prime dates for wcbb are after the college FB season so some UConn conference games had to be shifted into December to allow room for prime-time games in Jan/Feb. Geno said as much when he said that 4 or 5 conference games would move to December, including games prior to christmas.

It may be premature and unfair to the player but TV is chomping to exploit the Bueckers phenomenon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the locals set the attendance criteria. I believe in the NFL in Florida, Miami had fans, but Tampa Bay did not or vice versa.

Reaction Score
Neither the NCAA nor the conferences can make the decision TO have fans for venues where the local government prohibits it. NFL example - the Saints are negotiating with LSU to play some home games in nearby Baton Rouge, where partial attendance is allowed, as the City of New Orleans will not allow fans in the Superdome.

Reaction Score
Actually the city agreed on Tuesday to let the saints have 3000 fans in attendance

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Actually the city agreed on Tuesday to let the saints have 3000 fans in attendance
If I was the Saints I'd tell the city, "Match the attendance allowed at LSU, or were going there!" I believe that LSU allows 30% of capacity, which is much more than 3000 fans.

Reaction Score
If they allow fans I'm for all students. Even at 15% they would make more noise than an arena filled with blue-hairs.

As for schedules my guess is that it was originally going to be conference only but adding non-conference brought in TV. The prime dates for wcbb are after the college FB season so some UConn conference games had to be shifted into December to allow room for prime-time games in Jan/Feb. Geno said as much when he said that 4 or 5 conference games would move to December, including games prior to christmas.

It may be premature and unfair to the player but TV is chomping to exploit the Bueckers phenomenon.
Hey, what's with this "blue-hairs" stuff? If I had any hair, blue or otherwise I could dye it :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

As for schedules my guess is that it was originally going to be conference only but adding non-conference brought in TV. The prime dates for wcbb are after the college FB season so some UConn conference games had to be shifted into December to allow room for prime-time games in Jan/Feb. Geno said as much when he said that 4 or 5 conference games would move to December, including games prior to Christmas.

If fans are not allowed to attend games, the only revenue these schools will recover this season will be from TV. Thus they need to cater to the whims of the networks, at least for this year.

Hey, what's with this "blue-hairs" stuff? If I had any hair, blue or otherwise I could dye it Blue-hairs: God bless 'em. May they live long and prosper. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If fans are not allowed to attend games, the only revenue these schools will recover this season will be from TV. Thus they need to cater to the whims of the networks, at least for this year.

I think the networks and the sponsors have a lot of influence. They pay for football.

Reaction Score
I think the networks and the sponsors have a lot of influence. They pay for football.
Uconn spokesman said they are applying 50% of donation to this year and the other 50% to next year. They are also applying the rest of the amount paid to next year. They will sell tickets for this year (25% capacity at Gampel) on an individual game basis at the beginning of each month and you get the option to purchase based on annual donation and then priority points. Anyone hear anything similar?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom