UConn Tied for 24th in Preseason Coaches Poll | The Boneyard

UConn Tied for 24th in Preseason Coaches Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh right. I forgot for the entire offseason that this sport is a crock.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry even with Skal UK is not better than Maryland or UNC on paper. And we should at least be 16-20. I love following this sport more than any other but the biases and politics make me die a little inside every day.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I'm sorry even with Skal UK is not better than Maryland or UNC on paper. And we should at least be 16-20. I love following this sport more than any other but the biases and politics make me die a little inside every day.
Not that any preseason poll means much, but I'd expect UConn to be higher in the AP poll, the coaches poll is stupid. Also not shocked UK on top regardless of the Skal eligibility issue, still UK to those who vote.

Reaction Score

As long as we take care of business in Puerto Rico the rankings will adjust appropriately. The 2011 team I believe came in unranked to start the season but took care of business in Maui and jumped up into top 10 I believe. I know this tournament is not as loaded as Maui but since we are ranked going into the season this year, if we win the tournament and don't have any loses before then, I think we can see a similar jump in the polls and rise to a top 10-12 ranking.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
As long as we take care of business in Puerto Rico the rankings will adjust appropriately. The 2011 team I believe came in unranked to start the season but took care of business in Maui and jumped up into top 10 I believe. I know this tournament is not as loaded as Maui but since we are ranked going into the season this year, if we win the tournament and don't have any loses before then, I think we can see a similar jump in the polls and rise to a top 10-12 ranking.
I agree, if take care of business in Puerto Rico AND win Battle4Atlantis, we could be number 1 in the country by the end of Nov.

Reaction Score
I agree, if take care of business in Puerto Rico AND win Battle4Atlantis, we could be number 1 in the country by the end of Nov.

love the optimism, but no way. Realistically, what this season will depend on is whether we are greater or lesser than the sum of our parts. Given that most of these guys have known each other for like 12 minutes, that is a fair question, from a chemistry and coaching perspective.

Our parts are a top 10-15 team, so depending on how we play, our ranking will sort out accordingly.

If we come out in NYC and blow the doors off Maryland, we will announce ourselves as real contenders. Short of that, I don't see us shooting so high in the polls until conference season.

Reaction Score
If we come out in NYC and blow the doors off Maryland, we will announce ourselves as real contenders. Short of that, I don't see us shooting so high in the polls until conference season.

If we're not already hovering around the Top 10 at the start of conference season, we're going to have a hard time breaking in. Short of going like 16-2 in conference, AAC play isn't going to do us any favors in the polls.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I was more worried when we were pre season top 10. A fair amount of time it was unearned, and bad for the team when they didn't live up to unrealistic expectation.

15 to 25 is about right, but I'd have no problem starting out unranked, and enjoy the ride to a top 25 ranking.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Since when is Puerto Rico part of the Bahamas? Or Nassau part of Puerto Rico for that matter.

Reaction Score
love the optimism, but no way. Realistically, what this season will depend on is whether we are greater or lesser than the sum of our parts. Given that most of these guys have known each other for like 12 minutes, that is a fair question, from a chemistry and coaching perspective.

Our parts are a top 10-15 team, so depending on how we play, our ranking will sort out accordingly.

He was making a joke. We don't play in Puerto Rico this year.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
He was making a joke. We don't play in Puerto Rico this year.
Alright didn't see the joke there, but no kidding why else would I mention Nassau if I didn't know where we were playing?

Reaction Score
Besides Connecticut, Kansas and North Carolina I think are the best teams in the country this year. One of these 3 will win it all.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Besides Connecticut, Kansas and North Carolina I think are the best teams in the country this year. One of these 3 will win it all.
Remove North Carolina from that list. They will have to beat karma! Not happening.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Someone explain why UK is grabbing headlines as 'preseason #1' when UNC has the same number of points, but more first place votes. I would think that should make UNC #1. I get that PRESEASON anything doesn't matter, but I think its funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom