UCONN the last man standing got the AAC | The Boneyard

UCONN the last man standing got the AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
sure wish we did better than 1-3 in the first round with one game bring a play in. When we run KU off the floor tomorrow a la Florida in '14, we should be granted automatic final status in all future AAC tourneys since we are the only ones that show up

Reaction Score
All the AAC teams showed up. 3 lost in the final seconds. I don't think you can say it was a poor showing. It was not a good showing, but all 4 teams were lower seeds, and all teams were in their games with seconds left.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Cincy on suicide watch

Reaction Score
The conference acquitted itself well, though. They were the lower seed in every game except the 11 vs. 11 Michigan/Tulsa game. Every loss went into the final minute, and were it not for a missed offensive foul and Ellis holding the ball a split second too long, they're 3-1.

I'd like to do better, but the conference didn't embarrass itself like the Pac, and potentially the B12--who lost 3 higher seeds already.

Reaction Score
Good efforts by all AAC teams, but once again we're the lone flagbearer. Crazy 1st round.

Reaction Score
Also, if my memory is correct, there is not a team remaining in the field that UConn has defeated. Cincy, Temple, Michigan, Texas all going down today.

Reaction Score
Brutal way for Cincy to lose after the way Cronin cried about the Jalen shot/Clock... to not get a similar call. Karma.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Let's take a look at how Kobe will be spending his weekend:

giphy.gif

YgiTN8.gif

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The conference acquitted itself well, though. They were the lower seed in every game except the 11 vs. 11 Michigan/Tulsa game. Every loss went into the final minute, and were it not for a missed offensive foul and Ellis holding the ball a split second too long, they're 3-1.

I'd like to do better, but the conference didn't embarrass itself like the Pac, and potentially the B12--who lost 3 higher seeds already.
Meh I dont want to hear lower seed garbage when 15's take out 2's. 14's take out 3's 13's take out 4's 12,s take out 5's 11's take out 6's 10's take out 7's. 9's take out 8's

The AAC failed and it sucks. One of those 3 teams HAD to win.

Embarrassing indeed.

caw

Reaction Score
Meh I dont want to hear lower seed garbage when 15's take out 2's. 14's take out 3's 13's take out 4's 12,s take out 5's 11's take out 6's 10's take out 7's. 9's take out 8's

Embarrassing indeed.

Shut it commie and eat your sandwich!

Reaction Score
Brutal way for Cincy to lose after the way Cronin cried about the Jalen shot/Clock... to not get a similar call. Karma.

On one of the replays, there was a clock above the clock that still had time on it. An arena clock. That's how close it was. The refs are likely looking at still yet another clock.

Reaction Score

Embarrassing indeed.

Shut up commie and eat your damn sandwich. I don't participate in the hangings generally, but that comment deserved a snide answer even if you weren't being hung. Temple had a good team beat and had refs take it from them twice. Cincy played their hearts out against a team that just dominated the A Ten tourney and just got unlucky. Our conference acquited itself fine this tourney -- despite the fact that UConn makes winning in March look easy, it isn't and sometimes crap happens.

Reaction Score
Also Tusla had the lead in the last minute but a long three sent them down. The AAC had no luck. All three loses could have been wins if just one play broke their way. As BL said crap happens!

Reaction Score
I watched all the games as much as I could. My loyalties are always UCONN but I was rooting like hell for the AAC to put on a great performance. The Cincy loss was brutal and I feel for them but they lost that game in a really bad fashion. Time is not their friend. The Temple game is the one that still bothers me because they fought so hard in that game only to have a blatant push-off dictate the end result. AAC could have easily been 4-0 but at the end the naysayers will just look at this performance to justify their perceptions of this conference. Maybe the talk of the Pac 12 being so good will also start to wear off.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Shut up commie and eat your damn sandwich. I don't participate in the hangings generally, but that comment deserved a snide answer even if you weren't being hung. Temple had a good team beat and had refs take it from them twice. Cincy played their hearts out against a team that just dominated the A Ten tourney and just got unlucky. Our conference acquited itself fine this tourney -- despite the fact that UConn makes winning in March look easy, it isn't and sometimes crap happens.
Didnt mean to be snide. I did have a tequila buzz ( now turned into s hangover) when posted and had just got home to see the final results. I know they were tough losses. Point being that 8-9, 7-10 match ups are virtual pick ems. It's not like they were heroic efforts against number one seeds that just came up short. Nobody cares how you lose in the grand scheme. In a year where a bevy of WAY lower seeded teams are finding ways to get it done it would have been nice to see just one of the AAC teams win a pick em game.
My wife tells me tequila makes me abrasive. I guess she may be right. Mea culpa.

Still very disappointing and ( fairly or not) a bad reflection on a league that is already dealing with an image problem.

pj

Reaction Score
The AAC opponents were generally underseeded. Iowa was 19 in kenpom, now 22, but got a 7 seed. St Joseph's was playing well late. Michigan gave a good Notre Dame team a battle.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Didnt mean to be snide. I did have a tequila buzz ( now turned into s hangover) when posted and had just got home to see the final results. I know they were tough losses. Point being that 8-9, 7-10 match ups are virtual pick ems. It's not like they were heroic efforts against number one seeds that just came up short. Nobody cares how you lose in the grand scheme. In a year where a bevy of WAY lower seeded teams are finding ways to get it done it would have been nice to see just one of the AAC teams win a pick em game.
My wife tells me tequila makes me abrasive. I guess she may be right. Mea culpa.

Still very disappointing and ( fairly or not) a bad reflection on a league that is already dealing with an image problem.
Shut up and eat the Mojo sandwich, commie!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

SUAETMS.

It's a shame none of the three drew Pitt or Wisky as their opponent.

Of the three, IMO, Temple got the rawest deal. It was unanimous even with the game announcers and studio hacks that the push off on the final basket was obvious and needed to be called regardless of the situation.

Cincy was game, but when Caupain, Clark and Ellis combined score only 12 pts and only get to the line twice all night (3-4), well, you've got an issue.

Tulsa... looked a gift horse in the mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom