UConn / Texas home-and-home | The Boneyard

UConn / Texas home-and-home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I also thought I read somewhere that this game is going to be at Gampel. Texas should be in the top 25 this year so this should be a good one.

Reaction Score
Beefing up non-conference a bit more. Good to see

@JonRothstein 36m
UConn will host Texas on Saturday 11/29/14 to start a home and home series, source told @CBSSports. Return game in Austin in 15-16.

So we have Texas, Duke, @Stanford, @Florida? Plus Puerto Rico tip off teams. Not too shabby.
Ollie is going to have one tired team.

Reaction Score
I also thought I read somewhere that this game is going to be at Gampel. Texas should be in the top 25 this year so this should be a good one.

11/29 would be Thanksgiving weekend Saturday. I would think this would be an XL game.

Reaction Score
Why? Some of those away games are over semester break so not a big deal.
Based upon the lack of intelligence in all his other posts, he may actually be under the impression that the team has to jog/swim to the away destinations.

Reaction Score
To nitpick, they aren't STARTING a series. This will be the 3rd game of a 4 game series that was agreed to a few years ago.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This date works well because football is @Memphis that Saturday. I was gonna be real upset if we had another situation like we did last year splitting the fan base between UConn/Louisville football and UConn/Maryland basketball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This date works well because football is @Memphis that Saturday. I was gonna be real upset if we had another situation like we did last year splitting the fan base between UConn/Louisville football and UConn/Maryland basketball.

That could make for a nice weekend for some of us out of state fans. Go to Memphis and watch the football game and then find one of the many bars on Beale to watch the basketball. Cap it off with some fantastic music lasting in to the morning.

Reaction Score
Beefing up non-conference a bit more. Good to see

@JonRothstein 36m
UConn will host Texas on Saturday 11/29/14 to start a home and home series, source told @CBSSports. Return game in Austin in 15-16.

So we have Texas, Duke, @Stanford, @Florida? Plus Puerto Rico tip off teams. Not too shabby.
Not to nitpick and Im certainly not against playing Texas and Florida, but Id like to see some series added in areas (recruiting hotbeds) where we dont already have conference foes, such as SoCal, Georgia, and Michigan.

Im a fan of playing Detroit, but I dont know if we will travel there which wouldn't be a bad idea considering the recruiting possibilities there and in Toronto.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Glad to hear they're coming back to Austin, where I reside. I still remember that 82-81 OT win fondly, thinking that might be the highlight of their season, never imagining what was to come!!

Reaction Score
When these dudes gonna finally throw us a bone and let us our asses kicked on the gridiron?

Reaction Score
That could make for a nice weekend for some of us out of state fans. Go to Memphis and watch the football game and then find one of the many bars on Beale to watch the basketball. Cap it off with some fantastic music lasting in to the morning.

Throw in some weed and a couple of cheap hookers that UofMemphis arranges and I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom