UConn Texas Highlights | The Boneyard

UConn Texas Highlights

Reaction Score
Wow, high praise from Geno for Nika "I would not trade her for anybody". That should put to bed once and for all the argument about whether Nika should be a starter to not :p
In that same segment he said other than Azzi, Nika was under the most pressure of anyone on the team this season. And as an exclamation (at 23:35) added 'those are the two players we can't replace'. Unlike a few boneyarders, he seems pretty definite on how important she, and what brings, is to the team this season.

In the post games this season he still always throws in a good natured example of a 'deserved head shaker Nika moment' but also counters that with citing how much she has matured and owned a leadership role and has quoted her assessments of the teams performances -which he has been in agreement with.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd ........ Super Star (Catchy tune)

and now just when NC State is getting over the Paige Bueckers performance, Azzi will get to play with the Wolf Pack.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
No one I love more doing the games than John Fanta (or Lobo). He is usually the voice of Men's Big East basketball. He knows the game and he's fun to listen to. He is beloved by the UConn men's fans.
He coined "Paige Freaking Bueckers" and I thought he was going to go "Azzi Fudd Super Freak" but had to settle for "Azzi Fudd Superstar" :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What Geno said about Azzi as a three point shooter needing to be threatening in the mid range and at the basket because it is too easy for a defense to run you off the three point line it reminded me of him when he talked about Maya and how she would fall in love with her 3 point shot and he had to keep pushing her to post up and to attack a defender running at her and getting a clean mid range shot. He also said similar things about Stewart.

It is why he is such a good coach, and why his players are so successful at the pro level - he is relentless at pushing them to expand they games even when what they are doing is enough to win in college, it is not enough for him because they are able to do more, and college is the place that gives them the freedom to learn what that more is.

I have seen a number of really good players allowed by their college coaches to coast on their talent and then have a wake-up call when they get to the pros.

Reaction Score
Wow, high praise from Geno for Nika "I would not trade her for anybody". That should put to bed once and for all the argument about whether Nika should be a starter to not :p
Geno, can you call Teamfirst and let her/him know.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
clown posse trashing the team (the one that played in the final) over the summer. piling on as paige goes down.
Texas coach gets real after getting waxxed 'nuthin's changed around here.'
tru dat. nothing has changed.
geno still calling the tune.

everybody squaredance. i sure am.
dance the boogie!

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Caroline got gipped. Her nice drive before half did not make the cut. But a great reminder how much help Azzi got. Lou should get a ton of credit to make a big time 3 when TX had a 4-0 lead. Missing that shot might have resulted in extended negative vibes to start the game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom