UConn @ Tennessee Moved To 2023 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Tennessee Moved To 2023

Reaction Score
>>Earlier this month, Tennessee’s Director of Athletics Phillip Fulmer and UConn’s Director of Athletics David Benedict signed an amendment to the contract which has moved the game up three seasons to Nov. 4, 2023, according to a copy of the amendment obtained from the University of Connecticut via a state Freedom of Information Act request. All other terms of the contract, which includes the $1.8 million guarantee, remain the same.

With the game moved up to 2023, UConn now has six games scheduled for that season. UConn is scheduled to host Duke, Lafayette, and NC State and travel to Boston College, Tennessee, and Liberty.<<

Reaction Score
More stunningly good news on the scheduling front. I’m sure this will have a very positive impact on recruiting. You can’t help but get psyched about the future of UConn Football. I’m very happy with us as an independent. You may see more teams heading there going forward.

Reaction Score
The big question is, does a P5 type schedule help us recruit, or does it just ensure that we get our butts kicked brutally year after year?

Honest question. I have no idea how it translates. The schedules are going to be very good so maybe it works out well. Regardless, you need a coach that knows how to sell it.

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The big question is, does a P5 type schedule help us recruit, or does it just ensure that we get our butts kicked brutally year after year?

Honest question. I have no idea how it translates. The schedules are going to be very good so maybe it works out well. Regardless, you need a coach that knows how to sell it.
And a coach who can make those teams have a fighting chance against some of those teams. Like you said, it's great to have name brands on the schedule but we need to win some. We can't turn into the doormat that teams schedule to get a win and just pay us. Then we get a home schedule of garbage. No one will be excited by watching a team that gets curb stomped, kinda like the past 8 years.....

Reaction Score
More stunningly good news on the scheduling front. I’m sure this will have a very positive impact on recruiting. You can’t help but get psyched about the future of UConn Football. I’m very happy with us as an independent. You may see more teams heading there going forward.

Like which teams?

Reaction Score
UT needs some wins to make thier pain dull a bit. Looks like we're on thier road to recovery. Regardless, playing UT is a good game to have on our schedule IMO.

Reaction Score
At the rate Fulmer and cronies are screwing up that program by 2023 Tennessee will have replaced Vandy as the annual doormat in the SEC East.

Reaction Score
At the rate Fulmer and cronies are screwing up that program by 2023 Tennessee will have replaced Vandy as the annual doormat in the SEC East.

They let twitter outrage make their coaching hire for them. They deserve what they're getting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom