UConn-Tennessee 1/16/95- who was there? | The Boneyard

UConn-Tennessee 1/16/95- who was there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Just curious who was in the building for that game. Although UConn had been to the Elite Eight the previous year and to a Final Four in 1991, this was still a milestone game for the program and for WCBB in general. From what I saw on TV, the scene at Gampel was rowdy.

Who was there, and what memories did you have?

Reaction Score
Gampel was electric. I remember listening to R-E-S-P-E-C-T well after the game was over. Nobody wanted to leave. TENN was so much bigger and better than the Big East competition we were used to seeing. I remember two of the TENN players well. Vonda Ward, a big center who went on to a successful pro boxing career and Nikki McCray who I thought was the best player on the floor. Mostly though, I remember how proud we were that our little state could field such a great team.

Reaction Score
My wife and I were there. It was her birthday and what a celebration it was! It was indeed electric!! I have never seen the equal of that atmosphere at any game before or since. We went to the championship game in Minnesota that same year and although it was wonderful, it still did not match the excitement of January 16, 1995.

Reaction Score
Was there, most exciting atmosphere I have ever been in. And yes, the crowd stayed well after the game ended.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was home and might have it on VHS somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom