UCONN TBT Coming (Stars of Storrs) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UCONN TBT Coming (Stars of Storrs)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Is a mere 4-5 days of practice before first game the norm in TBT?

Reaction Score
Kemba about to pull up in Pittsburgh

1719979712668.gif

Reaction Score
This is coming up soon. Just picked up tickets to the open practice. Wouldn't be a terrible idea to arrange a meetup afterwards down in SoNo at a Sports Bar or someplace like SoNo Sky Rooftop which has great views.

Forgot to mention the team dinner to benefit the collective that Monday.
$200 @ Washington Prime

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Anyone actually going to the game in Pgh?

The bracket looks doable on the surface to get to the 3rd round. The dudes we're playing in 1st game are an ABA team, so I imagine they've played together awhile, but they seem kinda light on talent/size. The 2nd round will be winner of Penn State (who has Wahab) and what looks like like a better minor league team than the guys we're playing - lots of Euro experience.

I'm actually interested in the first game as well. Pitt has a pretty decent roster for this one. Wondering if DeJuan Blair can still get up and down the court, but Pitt has some really good (and young) guards, playing against a bunch of Pinkneys repping Philly.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Along with the aforementioned Huskies, the team will be comprised by R.J. Cole, Jeff Adrien, Kwintin Williams and a pair of non-UConn former college basketball standouts.

I wonder who they are?
TJ Maston from Baylor was on the original roster. Looks like they just added Seth Maxwell from Indiana, which is good because the only 5 was Ater Majok.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Team dinner at Teds lol. I'll be setting up on a bar stool early at ONeills on Wednesday.

Reaction Score
“We’ve got a good roster,” Boatright said. “I like our team. As long as we show up and compete and play the right way, play real basketball, we’ve got a shot to win this thing.”

At the very least, the TBT is a chance to bring former UConn players from different teams together on the court for the first time for a tournament.

“It’s crazy,” Purvis said. “It just shows the brotherhood. Everyone wants to come together, not just guys from different teams but from different eras. It’s great. We’re just going to make the best out of it.”

Alternate access:

‘Stars of Storrs’ team brings together UConn men’s basketball alumni of different eras

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom