uconn talking to ku you for possible game in two years | The Boneyard

uconn talking to ku you for possible game in two years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't play them in Lawrence. They are UNBEATABLE there. Kansas City, Kemper Arena.

Reaction Score
We back down from no one if they will come to our court

Reaction Score
As a KU grad but lifetime UConn fan this is my worst nightmare. I have been lucky thus far in life and my two favorite teams have yet to play each other. I agree with the above that KU is unbeatable in the Phog and I do not think UConn has ever experienced an atmosphere quite like it. The series however, would be great for both programs.

Reaction Score
If you play Kansas you play them at their real home court...the question is would we be able to play them at Gampel or would the "new and improved" XL be forced down our throats.

Reaction Score
As a KU grad but lifetime UConn fan this is my worst nightmare. I have been lucky thus far in life and my two favorite teams have yet to play each other. I agree with the above that KU is unbeatable in the Phog and I do not think UConn has ever experienced an atmosphere quite like it. The series however, would be great for both programs.

Didn't we play the Pierce Lafrentz Kansas team? Jacque Vaughn too. I was only 5 or 6 at he time but for some reason I remember is playing them. Am I wrong??

Reaction Score
I think we played a doubleheader with the women.
I'd like to see the football team sign up with them also.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Didn't we play the Pierce Lafrentz Kansas team? Jacque Vaughn too. I was only 5 or 6 at he time but for some reason I remember is playing them. Am I wrong??
Definitely played ku back in the 90s

Reaction Score
I would book the trip in a heartbeat if I found out UConn was playing Kansas in Phog Allen Fieldhouse. That's basketball holy ground. Bucket list material.

Reaction Score

They played in 1995

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Not sure if you were around but we played in the 95-96 season and the 96-97 seasons and UConn (men) lost both.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I agree with the above that KU is unbeatable in the Phog and I do not think UConn has ever experienced an atmosphere quite like it. The series however, would be great for both programs.

See December 1, 2005............. Nevada (my adopted hometown team) at Kansas. Nick Fazekas and Ramon Sessions respectfully disagree.

Reaction Score
See December 1, 2005............. Nevada (my adopted hometown team) at Kansas. Nick Fazekas and Ramon Sessions respectfully disagree.

That's is fair, but that was 8 years ago........ doesnt happen often. Let me put it this way, in the four years I was there they lost once, and that was the morning after Thomas Robinson's mother passed away and the team was an emotional wreck.

Reaction Score
Also I was born in 1990 so I do not remember when they played each other.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Also I was born in 1990 so I do not remember when they played each other.
Lucky for you that means you don't remember December 21, 2003 when Nevada ran them out of the gym in Reno 75-61. That was probably my most enjoyable non-UCONN college basketball win of all time.

Reaction Score
I think the first time we played them we got destroyed by about 30 and the second time when KU came to the Civic Center we lost but it was a lot more respectable. If I remember correctly we jumped out to a double digit lead early but eventually were outplayed

Reaction Score
Man this would be fantastic....Kansas is a program I really like ...I don't like many other programs but I always find myself rooting for Kansas when I watch them....I'd love to see us start playing all takers....Michigan State, Duke, Arizona, North Carolina, Indiana, Kensucky I don't care who it is lets have the toughest non conference schedule in the country It could become our calling card and maybe help attract recruits while we are waiting on the next wave of realignment...plus it would help us in March ....I know this is a bit of wishful thinking but it would be great

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
How come we can't have a unique homecourt?

Reaction Score
So......who you pullin' for......dun dun dunnnnnnn <ominous background music>

Reaction Score
Lucky for you that means you don't remember December 21, 2003 when Nevada ran them out of the gym in Reno 75-61. That was probably my most enjoyable non-UCONN college basketball win of all time.

I do remember that, but unfortunately for you Nevada is an irrelevant program now that no one cares about. Whereas KU is a top 5 program and has yet another chance to win a NC......

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I do remember that, but unfortunately for you Nevada is an irrelevant program now that no one cares about. Whereas KU is a top 5 program and has yet another chance to win a NC......
Yeah, but those 2 wins were sure a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom