UConn Students! Here's how you can get to the Bowl... | The Boneyard

UConn Students! Here's how you can get to the Bowl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Boneyard is in the process of collecting money to help send UConn students to the St. Petersburg Bowl in Florida. How many students the 'Yard sponsors and how much money they'll get depends on how much money is raised. (see the other thread tacked to the top of the board for a running total)

Please note:
The funds are intended to be used by students only to buy tickets for the game and help defray their expenses for the trip to Florida. They are not meant to be used for an "all expenses paid" vacation.

We can't sponsor all students that would like to go, so we're asking that you show us why you deserve to be sponsored. Show us your love for the UConn football team through a written post, a video, song, poem, or whatever format you choose. Bonus points for creativity and for making us laugh. Judges so far are Jarhead and, somehow, me and one other person we can rope into it (I'm looking at you, Fishy).

Deadline for submissions is December 15 which gives us two days to consider the submissions before announcing the sponsored students' names on December 17.

Good luck to all!

Reaction Score
I assume you're asking people to submit here on the thread? Just clarifying.

Reaction Score
So I've advertised this on Twitter. Des retweeted it. Nice of him. Hope we see some action in a day or two. I contacted the Daily Campus today. Hope to hear from them really shortly.

Reaction Score
I mean the ticket cost is inconsequential when you're talking upwards of a grand for flights hotel and everything else. Curious how many will take them up.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we have had zero interest in our contest. We are going to extend it until tomorrow 12/16 at 6pm. At that time it will be shut down. Others have had ideas about what to do with the money, but I cannot act to do something with everyone else's money. The money was donated to send UConn students to the game. If we can't do that, everyone's money will be refunded. That way each donor can decide how they want their money spent. Donate it to the school, great! Thanks to Nan for helping out. We have collected 3100 in donations and commitments to donate! Heck of a job, yard. Next year we will have better opportunities for travel!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So - are we doing refunds or are we giving the money to UConn? Maybe it's just me, but I have a trust issue giving money to something without a specific fund set up to be sure the money goes to the right folks.

Reaction Score
Yeah like I said, the money was collected to send a student or more to the game. Barring that, refund everyone's money and each can decide what to do with their money.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
We can't get two student to go to the game FOR FREE???????? Damn.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Honestly, it's a tough sell for anyone to go. Other than Hawaii, I think this bowl game was our worst option. 11am the day after Christmas with a few weeks notice is tough for anyone to commit to...especially broke students. I know that I would've been divorced had I gone down to Tampa.

If there is no interest, that's too bad but understandable. I know our students and fans will watch from home. As for the money raised, I'm up for whatever: donation to school or refunding people their money. I'll just send my student expense donation to the school anyway.

Hopefully this bowl game will put us in line for a really good bowl game next year that will generate more than enough interest for a similar campaign.

Thank you @HuskyNan and @Jarhead_1775 for organizing this!

Reaction Score
Just got my contribution refunded. Never expected this. Thanks HuskyNan and Jarhead for starting this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom