UConn still recruiting Precious hard | The Boneyard

UConn still recruiting Precious hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The fact we are recruiting Precious hard with 1 scholarship remaining tells me we must have another scholarship opening for a big man. We simply aren't going into next season with 1 center. Especially it being Josh Carlton (no disrespect to the big man, we are just screwed if he is our only center).

Unless Hurley's logic is "if we can get a top 10 5* one-and-done in here, we'll figure out the mess at the center position later", there must be more than 1 scholarship to fill...

Reaction Score
The fact we are recruiting Precious hard with 1 scholarship remaining tells me we must have another scholarship opening for a big man. We simply aren't going into next season with 1 center. Especially it being Josh Carlton (no disrespect to the big man, we are just screwed if he is our only center).

Unless Hurley's logic is "if we can get a top 10 5* one-and-done in here, we'll figure out the mess at the center position later", there must be more than 1 scholarship to fill...
There will be room for 2 more recruits. Easy.

Reaction Score

We have a bunch of scholarships, that isn't at all an issue.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
@aburks41 We do not speculate with specific names in regards to transfers unless there is something in valid press report.

As always, saying something like 'someone will probably transfer to open up a spot' is OK.
Saying 'Player X is the most likely to transfer' is not OK.

Please remember that.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
You may have seen them, but they most often get deleted. And you did it again! I've edited it for you.

Reaction Score
Being known as the guy who reignited UConn greatness must have some kind of appeal to it. But that's a tough sell against this competition. We can only hope he loves a good challenge like Khalid.

Reaction Score
Being known as the guy who reignited UConn greatness must have some kind of appeal to it. But that's a tough sell against this competition. We can only hope he loves a good challenge like Khalid.
I agree that might be the key to Hurley signing a top 20 recruit. It's probably going to be a kid who says he wants to leave a legacy of being the player that brought UConn back to where it used to be. Someone with a knowledge of the UConn history and with a cool confidence. Someone like Caron Butler.

Reaction Score

I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Thank god Chief came into this thread to literally repeat what OP said 3 posts after his for 5x the likes. You all deserve the garbage you are gradually being spoon fed in larger and larger increments.

Reaction Score

Your point makes sense, but I'd take Precious over any two or three star center. One of the greatest teams of all time had no one taller than 6' 4" or 6' 5", except maybe a bench guy... Arkansas 1978 (Sidney Moncreif, Marvin Delph, Ron Brewer). Illinois 1989 really didn't have a true center and they were pretty good too (Kendall Gill, Nick Anderson, Kenny Battle, Steve Bardo), got hosed by the refs at the FF.

Reaction Score
Dont we have 2 scholarships for '19? Losing Adams, Cobb, Smith, Yakwe, and Williams....adding Bouknight, Gaffney, and Akok

Only 12 scholarships next year. We proactively reduced one bc of ncaa investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom