UConn still must climb big mountain to make NCAA case | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn still must climb big mountain to make NCAA case

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
New Big East? ha ha Here is how it goes.

UCONN: Hello NBE, we would like to bring our marquee men's and women's basketball teams to your conference.
NBE: That's nice UConn but if the ACC or the BiG comes calling will you stay with us?
UConn: Well no as we need a home for our football team.
NBE: Buh Bye Now
Doubt it. The new BE would take UConn even if for only 8 years. More money is more money.

Reaction Score
link: UConn still must climb big mountain to make NCAA case

This article has turned me into a proponent for a move back to the Big East if we can get it.... (to) maintain elite status in Men's hoops?

I agree with The Honorable "Point6" that UConn must at all cost protect it's elite men's basketball program. My fear is that if UConn men's basketball is left in the mediocre AAC that it will be reduced to the mediocrity of its in conference competition.

Would I rather UConn men's basketball be in the Big 10, or ACC? ....... Yes, of course..... but .... in my opinion UConn men's basketball will remain more relevant in the new Big East then playing SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, UCF, USF and the other AAC schools.

No doubt that the if new Big East accepted UConn that it would require a substantial "buy out" if it left for the ACC or Big 10, but hey, UConn has already received a substantial windfall when the $ was divided when the separation occurred. Let's hope it has an opportunity to pay the "buy out".

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
No doubt that the if new Big East accepted UConn that it would require a substantial "buy out" if it left for the ACC or Big 10, but hey, UConn has already received a substantial windfall when the $ was divided when the separation occurred. Let's hope it has an opportunity to pay the "buy out".

Our football needs to be in the AAC for those conferences to have any interest in us, and the AAC will not let us keep our football while pulling out our basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom