UConn stats from the first 2 Italy games...! | The Boneyard

UConn stats from the first 2 Italy games...!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Huskies in Italy.jpg

While it is silly to draw too many conclusions from the stats so far in Italy, it is all we have until the season starts. So here are some stats that may, or may not, surprise UConn fans.

1. Katie Lou can still shoot the three. After nailing 3-6 from 3 pt range in the first game, she improved to go 3-5 in the 2nd. Going 6-11 or 54.5% is great considering the travel, time off and foreign gym. :)

2. Napheesa is a double-double machine. :cool: First game, 16 pts & 11 boards. Followed by 12 pts and 10 rebounds. Looks better than a year ago. :D

3. As a team, shooting 56 -123 (45.5%) from the floor and 31-42 (73.8%) from the free throw line. Numbers for the starters are dramatically better, which is no surprise.

4. Collier is 9-10 from the charity stripe, which is good 'cause the only way to stop her may be fouling. ;) Lou is 6-7, which is good for the same reason.

5. Azura is the real deal..! Points = 21, rebounds = 13, threes = 2 for 3, blocks = 2 and steals = 2. Seems to fit well with the four starters (plus Dangerfield) from last season.

6. The rookies and sophomores are NOT in mid-season form yet...:rolleyes: Walker 4-13 shooting, Molly 6 turnovers in 2nd game, Camara 4 fouls in less than a half, Kyla 4 turnovers in game two and the four freshman a combined 0-9 from three point range. :eek: Not to worry....

7. Gabby is Gabby & Kia is a stud. Gabby is filling the stat sheet with points, rebounds, assists & steals. Probably also driving the bus... Kia played 6 games in 8 days, flew 1/2 way around the world, changed in cab and then scored 18 pts and grabbed 4 rebounds. :p

8. The most important stat of all.... the team looks like they are having lots and lots of fun..!! Geno must be in heaven showing the kids his Italy.

Special thanks to the fellow who sent the video and to all the BYers who post scores and stats..!!

Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
View attachment 24191
While it is silly to draw too many conclusions from the stats so far in Italy, it is all we have until the season starts. So here are some stats that may, or may not, surprise UConn fans.

1. Katie Lou can still shoot the three. After nailing 3-6 from 3 pt range in the first game, she improved to go 3-5 in the 2nd. Going 6-11 or 54.5% is great considering the travel, time off and foreign gym. :)

2. Napheesa is a double-double machine. :cool: First game, 16 pts & 11 boards. Followed by 12 pts and 10 rebounds. Looks better than a year ago. :D

3. As a team, shooting 56 -123 (45.5%) from the floor and 31-42 (73.8%) from the free throw line. Numbers for the starters are dramatically better, which is no surprise.

4. Collier is 9-10 from the charity stripe, which is good 'cause the only way to stop her may be fouling. ;) Lou is 6-7, which is good for the same reason.

5. Azura is the real deal..! Points = 21, rebounds = 13, threes = 2 for 3, blocks = 2 and steals = 2. Seems to fit well with the four starters (plus Dangerfield) from last season.

6. The rookies and sophomores are NOT in mid-season form yet...:rolleyes: Walker 4-13 shooting, Molly 6 turnovers in 2nd game, Camara 4 fouls in less than a half, Kyla 4 turnovers in game two and the four freshman a combined 0-9 from three point range. :eek: Not to worry....

7. Gabby is Gabby & Kia is a stud. Gabby is filling the stat sheet with points, rebounds, assists & steals. Probably also driving the bus... Kia played 6 games in 8 days, flew 1/2 way around the world, changed in cab and then scored 18 pts and grabbed 4 rebounds. :p

8. The most important stat of all.... the team looks like they are having lots and lots of fun..!! Geno must be in heaven showing the kids his Italy.

Special thanks to the fellow who sent the video and to all the BYers who post scores and stats..!!

Great David---simply great.
Observation, worth the price you pay: The Frosh and Camara are pushing to impress---trying too hard, same with Molly and Kyla--we have seen these kids nail three's. I'm a bit more interested in the defense of the Sophs. The Frosh, just finding the court is an accomplishment--especially considering this is a GENO team. I have expectations (hopes that is) for Molly, Walker, Gordon, Kyla to be contributors before the end of November. If you have a wide bench it should give you more than momentary relief. \

If I'm not sadly mistaken--the last time GENO showed his kids the old stamping grounds--Uconn W won an NC.

Reaction Score
On the fashion front...
Batouly, Molly and Lou are sporting scarves around their necks- very European, and I suspect somehow related to the races-
Crystal is demonstrating her hand coordination, grasping a flag and H2O bottle simultaneously
Based on their clothing choices, must be rather warm...
I like when the team all wears their UCONN white T's- it appears that look is interspersed with individual choice outfits.
I thought the uniforms of the Dutch team fit much closer to the body and were very attractive. The fashion pendulum has been swinging back to shorter shorts and closer fitting uniforms for the past several years.
Just some observations to share, ignore if you find them frivolous or bizarre

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
On the fashion front...
Batouly, Molly and Lou are sporting scarves around their necks- very European, and I suspect somehow related to the races-
Crystal is demonstrating her hand coordination, grasping a flag and H2O bottle simultaneously
Based on their clothing choices, must be rather warm...
I like when the team all wears their UCONN white T's- it appears that look is interspersed with individual choice outfits.
I thought the uniforms of the Dutch team fit much closer to the body and were very attractive. The fashion pendulum has been swinging back to shorter shorts and closer fitting uniforms for the past several years.
Just some observations to share, ignore if you find them frivolous or bizarre
Yea, each contrade (basically districts) of Siena have silks (colors) for their rider. I imagine the girls picked out ones they liked and cheered for them today.

And it looks like it's gonna be in the mid 90's all week (mid 30's C ;)), so yea, pretty warm. (although pretty low humidity)

Reaction Score
If you google "contrada," you can find a chart of the flags of each of the 17 contradi. I do not believe that the scarves sported by any of the girls--Katie Lou, Gabby, Molly, Azura or Batouly--are designs of any of the contrada.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If they are visiting any churches (and how can you travel anywhere in Italy and not!) women are supposed to have their shoulders and upper arms covered, and it is smiled on to also cover their head, and most of their thighs. Catholicism's dress code is fairly tightly observed. Scarves come in handy as a way to compensate for more relaxed apparel when entering the churches.

Americans are notorious for ignoring these guidelines but I suspect CD and Geno expect standards to be observed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom