UConn stats.... Azzi & Lou shooting... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn stats.... Azzi & Lou shooting...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Based on Geno's presser,

Azzi's game plan is to shoot shoot shoot (unless double teamed). Handling the extra responsibility really well
He loves the way the team looks when Caroline and Lou are on the court together
Nika had a great practice and is on top of the PG position. Shoots when she should shoot, does not force it etc.

So, alot of 3 (and even some 4 ) guard sets except when we play mammoth teams?

And I get the feeling Inez will be this teams Molly Bent. :oops:

Geno jokes about having to "rehabilitate another foreign PG." He does say that, when Ines is good, she is really good, but she's still catching up to the speed and physicality. But she surprises in a positive way at times.

Reaction Score
View attachment 79679

Despite the name, I live in Estero which is closer to Ft. Myers than Naples. Hurricane Ian tore up some nearby neighborhoods, but kindly spared my home. Pool screens, roof tiles and landscaping damage, but grateful the house is intact and clean up is underway. Thank you for thoughts and good wishes.

IMO, Azzi and Lou are the two best shooters for UConn this season. The case for each is laid out below:
1. Azzi - Fudd was injured enough to miss 11 games last season. She played 25 games and scored 303 points (tied for 3rd). But, her shooting stats were off the charts despite being a focus of many defenses. She made 43% of her threes (58-135), 50% of shots inside the arc (49-99) and an amazing 91% from the charity stripe (31-34). No telling what a healthy Azzi can do this season..!

2. Lou - At Fairfield, Lou played 30 of 31 games and averaged an incredible 34.2 minutes per game. Her point total of 587 was more than the 2nd & 3rd players COMBINED. (587 vs 577) She took an amazing 505 shots. (Azzi took 234 sots) Every team Fairfield played knew Lou was their main threat, but she still shot 40% from three (52-130), 46.4% from inside the arc (174-375), and a very respectable 80% from the line (83-104). Two things to notice. Lou shot a lot from inside the arc (375 shots) and gets fouled often (130 foul shots). A total of 587 points comes out to 19.6 per game, even when the defense knows you are the one to stop. Early scouting reports say Lou has all the shots fans would hope (distance, pull ups, drives...) She may be open more this year with Azzi getting the defenses' attention and surrounded by more talent.

What about Caroline as a shooter. No intention to slight Caroline in this analysis. She also scored 303 points and IMO is a great "scorer", but not quite the "shooter" Azzi and Lou are. In her defense, she was injured quite a lot as well. Her 28% from outside the arc will improve and being healthy will greatly help her shooting %.

Go Huskies..!!
D in N
I have very good friends who live on Sanibel Island right at the spot where Ian made land fall. Their house has zero structural damage, and only a few “scratches” where flying things hit the side walls. Their boat is still in its sling next to their undamaged dock! As you would well know hurricanes are very fickle. They can leave a house completely in-tact and totally destroy a well built causeway and bridges nearby. I am very happy for you with the relatively minor damage to your house.

I totally agree with you regarding our three shooters. If Azzi and Caroline are both fully recovered they will be raining down buckets on the opposition and freeing up Lou to get looks she could only dream about when she played as the only good shooter on her team.

Bring it on!

Reaction Score
IMO if Lou2 played 34+ minutes at Fairfield and used every play, she'll play about 20 to 24 minutes with UCONN and because of the lower minutes played may be a MORE dangerous and fresher player this season!
Geno has so many weapons to chose from even with Paige out that UCONN should average in the middle 80's which will be hard to top by most opponents!
The defense will be very aggressive driving most teams crazy!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom