UConn stats...4 x 4 by 40.... | The Boneyard

UConn stats...4 x 4 by 40....

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Pheesa 24.jpeg

UConn routed UCLA for their 4th victory of the year, over their 4th top 20 opponent. The Huskies (4-0) were led by 4 players in double figures and three starters who played all 40 minutes in the contest. Napheesa, who was the leading scorer for UConn, went 4-4 from the free throw line and passed out 4 assists. Crystal Danger field also went 4-4 from the charity stripe and had 4 assists. Overall, the Huskies had 4 players lead the team with 4 assists each. :)

Megan Walker, the only UConn player to come off Geno's bench, made three of 4 baskets from outside the arc to help the Huskies defeat UCLA. The Bruins now stand at 0-4 against Geno's teams. Gabby fought off foul trouble after getting her 4th, and finished with 8 (2x4) points and 8 (2x4) defensive rebounds. :rolleyes:

Z avoided her 4th personal foul, grabbed 4 defensive rebounds and dished out 4 assists. Kia played all 40 minutes, but went 0-4 from beyond the arc, missed 4 free throws and gave up 4 turnovers. She made up for those mistakes with 4 rebounds and 4 assists. :D

The Huskies, who scored 40 points in the first half, 4tunately, have 4 days off until their next game in Oregon against Michigan State. :cool:

Go Huskies..!!

P.S. - The Huskies missed 4 free throws overall, but the game was a 4gone conclusion. I'll stop now...

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Wish Geno had played a couple of the other freshmen for 3 or 4 minutes during the game. Didn't have to be at the end of the game, but a minute or two during late 3rd and early in the 4th quarter when the team had a 20+ point lead. Megan played extensive minutes, perhaps Geno didn't want to have two freshmen on the court at the same time.

Reaction Score
View attachment 26362

UConn routed UCLA for their 4th victory of the year, over their 4th top 20 opponent. The Huskies (4-0) were led by 4 players in double figures and three starters who played all 40 minutes in the contest. Napheesa, who was the leading scorer for UConn, went 4-4 from the free throw line and passed out 4 assists. Crystal Danger field also went 4-4 from the charity stripe and had 4 assists. Overall, the Huskies had 4 players lead the team with 4 assists each. :)

Megan Walker, the only UConn player to come off Geno's bench, made three of 4 baskets from outside the arc to help the Huskies defeat UCLA. The Bruins now stand at 0-4 against Geno's teams. Gabby fought off foul trouble after getting her 4th, and finished with 8 (2x4) points and 8 (2x4) defensive rebounds. :rolleyes:

Z avoided her 4th personal foul, grabbed 4 defensive rebounds and dished out 4 assists. Kia played all 40 minutes, but went 0-4 from beyond the arc, missed 4 free throws and gave up 4 turnovers. She made up for those mistakes with 4 rebounds and 4 assists. :D

The Huskies, who scored 40 points in the first half, 4tunately have 4 days off until their next game in Oregon against Michigan State. :cool:

Go Huskies..!!
]

Let's see: I got the first question wrong, and half of the second question right, but I aced the 3rd question and part of the 4th right. I am certain I am nearly good with the Go HUSKIES Question. Do yoWu grade on a curve? I HOPE.\

While I miss your normal tests--this is informative, and equal to the DAVIDinNaples really good stuff. c
While I emotionally find the data on Kia nearly insulting--I can't handle negative words about my Canadian --I must say this: you are right, accurate, and Kia was extremely effective in defense against 2 or 3 of UCLA's players: The Aussie (she's good), Canada (she's great--with a great name), and one other wing/post for UCLA. Players like KIA--do so many things that are not true stats-but win games.

Gabby's defense and rebounding are lost in the shuffle, but to me --no Gabby no win. She was more effective in the post than Z, and the quickest hand from the EAST--Uconn's hands and first to the ball actions saved a win for Geno..

Megan Walker--and Z--MW, Amazing for her 3'rd game as a Husky. I see Uconn STARTING not 5 but 7, so the last 2 are not Bench players.
Z played well did her thing--I guess everyone want Z to take over games; not yet. She is still being taught by Geno in real game situations, it will come.

David---pontificate on what happened in the last 5 minutes of the game. Mentally and physically exhausted--two or three in a row, lost balls--Uconn can hand a press, especially with Juniors and seniors on the floor---and the upper class made the errors--WHY??

Reaction Score
Wish Geno had played a couple of the other freshmen for 3 or 4 minutes during the game. Didn't have to be at the end of the game, but a minute or two during late 3rd and early in the 4th quarter when the team had a 20+ point lead. Megan played extensive minutes, perhaps Geno didn't want to have two freshmen on the court at the same time.

No way O'shea. If the bench Frosh played--loss. Look at what UCLA's press did--and the mental lapses for Juniors/seniors--UCLA, like MD or any great team would have attacked the Frosh and taken the ball away. That 20 point lead was tenuous --not a solid 20---UCLA grabbed 12 points of that 30 point lead--take no chances, let the benchers keep riding the pines in that game.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Noticed that Bent didn't get into the game. I guess Geno's trust goes just so far.

It would have been nice to see someone give Kia a breather. She was spent for much of the fourth quarter witness missing three free throws in a row. Three starters played all 40 minutes (Crystal and Pheesa were the others) and needed a breather too, missing many shots and failing to compete for defensive rebounds late in the game.

They really don't have much of a bench at this time. When Batman plays and KLS returns, that will change and the frosh should get better and see more minutes as the season progresses, especially during conference play. At least we hope so. :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
No way O'shea. If the bench Frosh played--loss. Look at what UCLA's press did--and the mental lapses for Juniors/seniors--UCLA, like MD or any great team would have attacked the Frosh and taken the ball away. That 20 point lead was tenuous --not a solid 20---UCLA grabbed 12 points of that 30 point lead--take no chances, let the benchers keep riding the pines in that game.
It's not a horrible idea. How will the freshmen learn to handle pressure unless they play against it? Kia was clearly gassed at the end of the game, a bit of rest might have helped.

Reaction Score
Couple of times/season, Geno does this to the starters: a torture test. Last year (and even the first game this year), Lou has been his prime candidate for that. I suppose we will have to live with this strategy since Geno seems to have won the confidence of the athletic director and isn't likely to be fired....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's not a horrible idea. How will the freshmen learn to handle pressure unless they play against it? Kia was clearly gassed at the end of the game, a bit of rest might have helped.
While I would like to see it also, I figure the Freshmen (and I suppose the Sophs too) are not handling the pressure in practice the way he wants. So he's probably not going to throw them in the deep end until they can at least prove it in practice.

Reaction Score
When you finish looking at all the great individual performances you look at the box score and see that UCONN was solid in the shooting department.
Hard not to win when you shoot: 54.0%/ 53.8%/ 81.0%

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bench players earn minutes in practice and time on the court first three games... Geno played those who earned minutes... everyone does not win a blue ribbon.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I would have thought AEH had earned a little time based on her last game. I think we do not appreciate enough that Geno wants the game played a special way especially in front of an away crowd on a National Stage. If the bench players are not ready, they are not ready. Plenty of time to earn trust.

Reaction Score
Couple of times/season, Geno does this to the starters: a torture test. Last year (and even the first game this year), Lou has been his prime candidate for that. I suppose we will have to live with this strategy since Geno seems to have won the confidence of the athletic director and isn't likely to be fired....

More than a "torture test," bags. Geno expressed his chagrin over the Husky's play in the 4th quarter this year when he turned his frosh loose: he called them the worst young players on defense that he has ever had. As the group added nothing offensively either, the outcome was sit and watch. So: I think he hoped the experienced starters would be able to play a complete game. Turned out he was wrong: the dwindling MOV in period 4 persisted, except not to the extent the youngsters have been allowing. I think the torture is Geno's watching his team lapse. As Gabby said, getting tired is not an option at UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom