UConn Statement on SNY not carried by Some Comcast Outlets | The Boneyard

UConn Statement on SNY not carried by Some Comcast Outlets

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
So as long as Comcast still provides ESPN to their customers that will no longer have the regional sports packages available to them (which would include SNY), then they will be able to use ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app to watch UConn games, but just not on their TVs (unless you have a means to use your TV for online viewing/streaming, like XBox).
Correct? (I am just curious, I am one of those poor souls that lives in the boonies and has to use DirecTV.)

Reaction Score
So as long as Comcast still provides ESPN to their customers that will no longer have the regional sports packages available to them (which would include SNY), then they will be able to use ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app to watch UConn games, but just not on their TVs (unless you have a means to use your TV for online viewing/streaming, like XBox).
Correct? (I am just curious, I am one of those poor souls that lives in the boonies and has to use DirecTV.)
]

That is benefit 12906 for living in the "boonies"!!

Reaction Score
You can watch espn3 on your tv with an Amazon Firestick and Amazon Prime (which is what I do here in Florida). Not sure if you need Prime to use the firestick. I would think chrome sat and their device does the same.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I had SNY on DirecTV the last few years, but it was like $14 a month and all of a sudden this year ESPN3 says I'm not in the blackout zone for SNY anymore (don't know why I ever was being in eastern MA....) I am glad to save the $$

Reaction Score
I have been in discussion with Comcast about this. They told me they have been getting a lot of complaints on this and it is a priority to determine the situation, whatever that means. Keep up the complaints to Comcast.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Apple TV also streams most ESPN channnels; it's what I use to stream UConn games via ESPN3

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Apple TV also streams most ESPN channnels; it's what I use to stream UConn games via ESPN3

I have found Apple TV to be very reliable, so long as your wifi is modern enough to support it. I have read several critical comments about ESPN3, and while I don’t know for sure, I’d guess the problem is the Internet Service Provider (ISP), or it’s the user’s home wifi distribution networking. For example, if your wireless router or your cable modem is more than five years old, it might be worth the cost to have them professionally checked and, if necessary, replaced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom