UConn-St. John’s moved to FOX at 2:30pm | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn-St. John’s moved to FOX at 2:30pm

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Yeah that was a huge one. LOL. What was the score going to be, Notre Dame whatever it wanted. Howard whatever ND wanted? That was a game so Fox could say “ we are supporting MLK” just not willing to give up a prime time slot for it. Why we agreed to it is beyond me.

I did. I even said that this problem of taking mid major slots goes back to the real Big East. They were worse for football but did it for basketball too. That was just another example. The league is just so mid major in its media approach.
So would you rather have played this at 5PM on FS1? Cause that was the other option.

I think you’d have to be high to say a game on FS1 at 5PM on a National Holiday is better than a mid-afternoon game on national broadcast with a dedicated 30 minute pregame show... this is probably the best TV exposure for a regular season game we’ve gotten since our days in the OBE (college game day vs cuse?). That’s why we agreed to take this slot when it opened.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Guess I'll modify from work from home schedule to a work from couch this afternoon.

Fortunately, for the first time ever, I have MLK day off today. Did an hour of work anyway. Just walked 3 miles on the trail. Next up is lunch, then some video game time before the tip. Thank you BLM. If this is what retirement is like, sign me up.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I still don't understand your agita. Seems like you've been looking to harp on something for awhile and think you finally have it.
hehe, 'the Harpyard.' hehe.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been posted but it looks like it’s NOT Gus Johnson. Sad.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
According to the Fox website, the game is being filmed in 4k. So hopefully it'll be shown in 4k on the Fox Sports app
It's in 4k on DirecTV on channel 105.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Especially if you want to join the chat.
Whats weird is about 3 games back, one of the FS1 games, the chat discussion made it clear that most people were clearly seeing the game about 10 seconds earlier than I was. Made the chat a no-go for me. Anyone else ever have that happen?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That’s why we agreed to take this slot when it opened.

I knew Dave Benedict contributed on the BY

Reaction Score
Whats weird is about 3 games back, one of the FS1 games, the chat discussion made it clear that most people were clearly seeing the game about 10 seconds earlier than I was. Made the chat a no-go for me. Anyone else ever have that happen?
I stream on Roku on my TV, and it's delayed even worse for me. I'd say almost a minute, although I've never timed it.

Reaction Score
Mid-major time slot. We probably got it because the MAAC game was postponed. This is another issue I have with the Big East administration. It goes back to before the current New Big East. They put games on in mid-major time slots. You would never see the ACC do this even for BC-Pitt. The Big 10 wouldn’t put its games on in the mid afternoon of a holiday that is observed by about 20% of the work force. The old Big East did it with football several times. Now this group is doing it with basketball. It is what it is I guess. Mid major takes what it can get and pretends it is important. A mid afternoon weekday game on Fox. LOL. Replacing St Peters-Iona tilt I guess. To quote Nancy Reagan when Fox called Dave should have just said no.

So this type of drivel is what the posters who wanted all of our athletic programs to die on the vine in the AAC are reduced to?

Reaction Score
Watching the pregame with Lavin and Jim Jackson. I don't mind the Fox coverage and I kinda like Jim Jackson. His opinion I sensible. But that's not why I'm posting.

I really dislike sneakers with suits. In particular white sneakers. It looks childish. I don't even care for white soles on actual dress shoes. I really dislike white sneakers.

Hoping sports broadcasters start wearing adult shoes again.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So this type of drivel is what the posters who wanted all of our athletic programs to die on the vine in the AAC are reduced to?
I think so. He's saying accepting a major network invitation to be a part of their MLK holiday tribute telecast is mid-majory. As if mid-majors would have even a sniff at the gig.

Reaction Score
TV Games today...(other than streaming)

UConn-St. John's...Fox (& I like the afternoon slot, myself)

St. Joseph's-Lasalle...4:00....CBSSN

FSU-Louisville............7:00...ESPN

Kansas-Baylor............9:00... ESPN

New Mexico-UNLV.....9:30 FS1

Reaction Score
So would you rather have played this at 5PM on FS1? Cause that was the other option.

I think you’d have to be high to say a game on FS1 at 5PM on a National Holiday is better than a mid-afternoon game on national broadcast with a dedicated 30 minute pregame show... this is probably the best TV exposure for a regular season game we’ve gotten since our days in the OBE (college game day vs cuse?). That’s why we agreed to take this slot when it opened.
If you've noticed freescooter is never happy. 95% of his posts are negative. Some people are like that.

Reaction Score
That’s why we agreed to take this slot when it opened.

I knew Dave Benedict contributed on the BY
i dont like the new quote functionality either but it still works

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I stream on Roku on my TV, and it's delayed even worse for me. I'd say almost a minute, although I've never timed it.
Yeah it's def about 30 seconds I think based on chat reactions. I stream on Hulu.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The time change was the reason they lost..... Hurley hadn't adjusted to it.

Reaction Score
Well we now have evidence that Fox doesn’t take basketball broadcasts seriously. Donny is a good anylist, #2 in the booth but leaves a lot to be desired otherwise. Neither guy seemed to have a solid handle on the players early they kept calling the wrong guys. Example: they gave Polley’s first 3 to Coles. Easy mistake to make. Only a foot difference in height. ( here’s a hint guys. They have names on their uniforms if you find it too hard to remember the numbers.). We don’t care about what you did in 19xx or whenever you played.Tell us what is going on on the floor now.

Oh and all the MLK stuff at every time out. Yeah. We get it. You think Martin Luther King was a great man. Nice try but phony as a $3 bill. HBCU Howard made sense for this game. UConn-St Johns not so much.

Oh, and no, I don’t want a 5 o’clock game on fs1. Frankly if we could get off that trash network it won’t be fast enough. Last game the leadin was some pro wrestling thing. How about a real time slot like 7:00 pm On a network people actually watch with announcers who do more than chatter with each other about their careers and make inside jokes to each other?

Reaction Score
Well we now have evidence that Fox doesn’t take basketball broadcasts seriously. Donny is a good anylist, #2 in the booth but leaves a lot to be desired otherwise. Neither guy seemed to have a solid handle on the players early they kept calling the wrong guys. Example: they gave Polley’s first 3 to Coles. Easy mistake to make. Only a foot difference in height. ( here’s a hint guys. They have names on their uniforms if you find it too hard to remember the numbers.). We don’t care about what you did in 19xx or whenever you played.Tell us what is going on on the floor now.

Oh and all the MLK stuff at every time out. Yeah. We get it. You think Martin Luther King was a great man. Nice try but phony as a $3 bill. HBCU Howard made sense for this game. UConn-St Johns not so much.

Oh, and no, I don’t want a 5 o’clock game on fs1. Frankly if we could get off that trash network it won’t be fast enough. Last game the leadin was some pro wrestling thing. How about a real time slot like 7:00 pm On a network people actually watch with announcers who do more than chatter with each other about their careers and make inside jokes to each other?
Your head must have literally exploded with the AAC tv treatment, because the fox situation is 100x better than Sunday afternoon starts on espn2. Not sure what specifically is your concern re: the MLK related programming - it was MLK day.

Reaction Score
I think so. He's saying accepting a major network invitation to be a part of their MLK holiday tribute telecast is mid-majory. As if mid-majors would have even a sniff at the gig.
What was St Joe’s-laSalle? This slot was set up for a made for tv “event”. HBCU School against a nationally known one. It was never going to be a great game. I’m sure they could have had a pair of HBCUs play and they would have loved the exposure. But this is the typical Big East crap that has been going on for 20 years. Take crappy time slots no major conference would accept and pretend it is a huge coup.

Reaction Score

Here, here Freescooter! Only a complete moron would get players' names wrong!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom