UConn Sports Roundup, September 28-30 | The Boneyard

UConn Sports Roundup, September 28-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Note: Due to Rosh Hashanah, this post includes information I would post through September 30th, which includes information on weekend contests as well, to the extent that I would mention them between now and Friday. I will likely post Friday night after sundown, but in case I don’t, here goes…. The original post with all the glorious details is here. This is just a summary. If you think I cut out too much or too little, say so.

Men’s Soccer: Last night very nearly proved to be a disaster against lowly Yale for the Huskies. The score was 0-0 after regulation. Thankfully, Nickardo Blake scored with one minute left in the second OT to spare us all the pain of a scoreless draw. The Huskies are a perfect 9-0-0 and will face #8 Louisville in a critical road test at 7 PM Saturday night. No word yet on whether that game will be on WHUS. GameTracker will be available however, though. Louisville currently does not list the game on All-Access although they do list future men’s soccer games there. I’m guessing there’s some reason none of these places can confirm that they’re broadcasting it. What that reason is, I don’t know.
Field Hockey: The Huskies go under the lights at Sherman tonight to face the UMass Minutewomen. The Huskies are 7-1 overall and tied for first in the Big East at 2-0 in conference. And the soccer team isn’t the only Top-5 Huskies program to play Louisville in a major contest Saturday night. Louisville, who got the two seed in the Big East Tournament a year ago but was knocked out by the Huskies in the first round, will be back in Storrs for the first time since that weekend in November. That game will be on Saturday at 12:00 PM. The Cardinals are 1-1 in Big East play and 7-3 overall.
Football: The Huskies are back at home on Saturday against Western Michigan. Since there will be significant development between now and then most likely, I’ll write something on this Saturday.
Women’s Soccer: The Huskies will be on national TV this Friday night as they head to South Bend to face the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. This was supposed to be a good game and a rematch of the Huskies’ upset last year in the Big East Tournament but both teams have disappointed. The Irish have dropped out of the poll, and the Huskies are barely .500. ESPN can’t do anything now though, so that game will air on ESPNU at 7:30 PM. Also, audio is available on WHUS. The Huskies will continue play on Sunday, facing DePaul at 2:00 PM in Chicago.
Women’s Ice Hockey: The Huskies host Rensaleer (or RPI, depending on where you look. Same school, different name) for a two-game series beginning Friday night at 7:00 at Frietas Ice Forum. They’ll conclude the series Saturday at 3:00 PM.
Men’s Ice Hockey: The Men’s Ice Hockey team will host Ryerson (another Canadian school) in an exibition contest Saturday at 8:00 PM. The regular season gets underway next Saturday with a trip to Bowling Green.
Women’s Volleyball: The Huskies are looking to bounce back from a bad road trip as come home for two more Big East contests. On Saturday at 2:00 PM, Marquette rolls into Gampel Pavilion, and on Sunday at the same time, the Syracuse Orange will do the same. And admission is free (as always). What true Husky fan passes on a free chance to see UConn take on Syracuse at Gampel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom