UConn-South Florida | The Boneyard

UConn-South Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Should be about a 1:00 start today.

Who do you think should take the mound? Cross has pitched well as of late, I'd probably go with him.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Cross pitched in relief on Wednesday which actually works out because it can be looked at as his bullpen session. He was my pick to be the 3 starter coming into the tournament but wasn't sure how they would do things. I think they'll go with Tabakman in Game 1 and see how things go.

At this point I just don't think you can pitch Ward as someone suggested in another thread. The only 2 guys with worse ERAs than him have a combined 9 innings pitched. They tried to work him back into the rotation by pitching him sparingly and even OOC and he just never performed. I wouldn't write him off next year obviously as he was derailed by an injury early on and a Winter of rest could do him a lot of good, but he's proven to be too much of a liability.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
And ward gets the start hopefully he turns it around maybe were saving cross for tomorrow if we get there.

Reaction Score
Once again as is the story all year can't get a sac bunt down. What I don't understand is after the count went to 2-0 why not take a pitch you may be able to get a walk which is better than the sac.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
You have to be kidding...on a 2-0 count, Ferriter bunts a high pitch up harmlessly for an out. The next two outs were hard-hit balls to the outfield.

Reaction Score
Very positive outing for Ward. In watching him however he just doesn't seem to have command of his pitches. Very wild at times and not around the plate. 4 walks. I think we will take 5 innings, 1 hit and 1 run. Good outing.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I missed the first few innings...but has this ump been giving the USF pitcher the outside picthes all game while squeezing our pitchers all game? Or has it just been the past couple of innings?

Reaction Score
Wow, to look so good against Amlung and the Pitcher of the Year to today where our offensive it just non-existant. Fuller looks horrible at the plate. Our guys are looking at pitches down the middle and swinging at pitches 2 feet outside. Hopefully we can pull this one out in the ninth.

Reaction Score
I missed the first few innings...but has this ump been giving the USF pitcher the outside picthes all game while squeezing our pitchers all game? Or has it just been the past couple of innings?
I have noticed the same thing and that is the same ump who made 2 horrible calls against us at second yesterday.

Reaction Score
I smell some home cooking going on here. These umps are screwing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom