UConn soccer mired in slump. | The Boneyard

UConn soccer mired in slump.

Reaction Score
New stadium. New facilities. Just a dismal year.

Can't win. Can't buy a goal. Has a player charged with domestic abuse charges. Wait til next year.

Reaction Score
New stadium. New facilities. Just a dismal year.

Can't win. Can't buy a goal. Has a player charged with domestic abuse charges. Wait til next year.
I've been waiting for next year for the last 20 years. Reid should have been fired 10 years ago for failing to get to the Final Four after the championship in 2000 but that championship along with his more recent donations secured a lifetime job. He squandered amazing talent in his first 10-12 years by forcing his teams into an ultra-conservative ball control approach and he won't change.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Is this a great time to start talking Reid replacements again? It really is time to cut the cord.
Maybe Hubbard at New Hampshire. The results say he's an excellent coach at multiple schools and at 40 or just under, he's young enough to relate and possibly be here for a long time. Outside of him, I think I've seen Stannard at Yale mentioned as well. Admittedly I'm not smart enough to really know who the good coaches are. Both that I mentioned were mentioned by someone smarter in a previous thread. I'm just regurgitating, both what I've read previously and as a result of our play. ?

Reaction Score
The BIG EAST has announced that UConn's remaining two men's soccer contests this week have been cancelled due to COVID-19 protocols within the Huskies' program. UConn was scheduled to play Wednesday, April 7 at Providence and Saturday, April 10 against Villanova.

The news ends the season for the men's soccer team as the Huskies have been mathematically eliminated from competing in the BIG EAST Championship, which will consist of four teams. UConn's final record stands at 1-6-1 overall and 0-6-1 in league play.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
UConn's final record stands at 1-6-1 overall and 0-6-1 in league play.
Good thing we have the women's team playing. They're 8-2-1 (6-2-1). Rodriguez has done a great job.

Reaction Score
Mike Anderson at Columbia has done a good job making it a top 40 program considering all the things going against them. I think he would be a decent choice. He also was an assistant at SCSU back in the day.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
While Coach RR may have temporarily left the program for personal/family reasons, I strongly feel that the time for a complete change in the program's direction is due.
This great program cannot afford to keep the present staff.
I would look a lot further than Hubbard, yes he is a solid coach, however, UConn needs to recruit farther than New England to bring the talent that UConn was accustomed to during the Morrone days. Reid relied on too many foreign kids earlier and when the lack of success dried up that pool, he had lost the national flavor to PeeCee, Brown, Yale and Cuse.
UConn was and should still be a blueblood in college soccer. It deserves to start anew in their new world class digs (thank you Tony R) with a solid new coach who can recruit nationally (ACC is a great place to look). I still feel Danny Donigan can be lured out of Rutgers and back home to Storrs.

arch

Reaction Score
While Coach RR may have temporarily left the program for personal/family reasons, I strongly feel that the time for a complete change in the program's direction is due.
This great program cannot afford to keep the present staff.
I would look a lot further than Hubbard, yes he is a solid coach, however, UConn needs to recruit farther than New England to bring the talent that UConn was accustomed to during the Morrone days. Reid relied on too many foreign kids earlier and when the lack of success dried up that pool, he had lost the national flavor to PeeCee, Brown, Yale and Cuse.
UConn was and should still be a blueblood in college soccer. It deserves to start anew in their new world class digs (thank you Tony R) with a solid new coach who can recruit nationally (ACC is a great place to look). I still feel Danny Donigan can be lured out of Rutgers and back home to Storrs.
Rutgers canned Donigan several years ago.

Reaction Score
Donigan is now with Sporting St. Louis.....club soccer....training...camps...etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom