UConn Soccer '23 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Soccer '23

Reaction Score
Good game from the boys. Conway scored 2 and did some dribbling in the corner that had the whole stadium out of their seats. I was really impressed by Kieran Chandler who was solid all night. Almeida created a lot of opportunities for himself but still hasn’t adjusted to the speed of play and couldn’t get a clean shot off

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UConn playing a home game against LIU tonight. LIU with a 2-0 lead early in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Very tough game for UConn. They controlled possession but got caught on the counter twice. The first goal came off a tough mistake from a UConn defender, but that's soccer for ya. We created a few chances in the last 15 or so minutes but it was too little too late. We need to be a little braver in the final third in my opinion, we have way too much of the ball to be creating so few chances.

Reaction Score
UConn playing a home game against Siena tonight. Huskies have a 2-0 lead at the end of the 1st half, a nice change of pace from the loss to LIU in their last game.

Reaction Score
UConn playing a home game against Siena tonight. Huskies have a 2-0 lead at the end of the 1st half, a nice change of pace from the loss to LIU in their last game.

UConn picks up a 3-1 win over Siena.

Reaction Score
Tonight's match at Yale has been delayed over 25 minutes so far because of thunderstorms in the area. Currently 0-0 in the 39th minute but wondering if we have another cancellation on our hands

Reaction Score
The game restarted and UConn lost 2-1. We went down pretty early after the restart. Almeida scored a goal in the 89th minute to cut the lead in half but it was too late.

Reaction Score
The game restarted and UConn lost 2-1. We went down pretty early after the restart. Almeida scored a goal in the 89th minute to cut the lead in half but it was too late.
Would you say that their style is the same as Ray Reid's?

Reaction Score
I think Reid's teams really were just scrappier and were more suited for winning games in ugly ways, which matters a LOT at this level. Especially coming from SCSU, I don't think he was as committed to playing perfect soccer as playing winning soccer. He didn't have to have the perfect guys to have a great team.

Gbandi, on the other hand, really seems to want to play a specific brand of soccer focused on keeping the ball and controlling the play, which is just a lot harder to execute. To his credit, his teams do seem to be good at establishing possession, and he's CONSTANTLY yelling "rondo" to encourage the kids to play quick short passes.

Personally, I don't think it's working well enough right now. We're pushing so many guys forward that we've been pretty susceptible on the counter, and we aren't getting enough payoff from having those numbers forward. We had a starting center back get injured so maybe that will help defensively, but we had many of the same problems last year I thought.

I also don't think I will ever understand his subs, because he's basically hockey subbing 3 attackers on/off at the same time every half, often despite who has been playing well, and then our 2 midfielders end up playing every minute.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
HCCB plays a limited touch possession game much the same as he learned from HCJMorrone. Reid constantly played a build up from the back and play over the midfield.
When Reid was at Southern, D2 teams could play unlimited number of older players {freshmen that were over 23 yo] so in many matches were men vs boys. Don’t know why more D2 schools didn’t do the same. D1 schools, at that time, had age limitations.

Reaction Score
UConn playing tonight at home against Manhattan. UConn has a 2-0 lead 30 minutes into the game, when the game was stopped for a weather delay.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I asked this on the off sports topic board under technology but received zero feedback
When I am on UConn+, I experience the screen saver popping up every 5 minutes and I have to hit return to allow the game to come back on but 5 minutes later it repeats
Anyone else seeing this and any suggestions for a cure?
Thanks

Reaction Score
UConn playing tonight at home against Manhattan. UConn has a 2-0 lead 30 minutes into the game, when the game was stopped for a weather delay.

After about a 45 minute delay, the game got going again.

Reaction Score

A little recap from Monday's win over Manhattan.

We open up Big East play on Friday home vs St. John's who is currently 4-1-1 (lone loss came to #20 Penn State).

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I asked this on the off sports topic board under technology but received zero feedback
When I am on UConn+, I experience the screen saver popping up every 5 minutes and I have to hit return to allow the game to come back on but 5 minutes later it repeats
Anyone else seeing this and any suggestions for a cure?
Thanks
I've watched a few of the men's and women's games on UConn+. I've not had that type of issue. Just shooting in the dark, but have you tried with a different browser?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom