UConn Soccer '23 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Soccer '23

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
They should either downgrade it or band together with other serious soccer schools, leave the NCAA, make college soccer more consistent with world soccer and not a dead end waste of time.
BYU does this. They play in a regional amateur league.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Our schedule this year is awful. Why no P5 opponents OOC? We are playing URI as an exhibition, but Assumption (D2) as part of our regular season schedule? What is going on?

The Big East is a power conference in soccer. We should be able to schedule better OOC.

Reaction Score
It is shocking how little press and hype men’s and women’s soccer get given their history & the sport’s popularity in the state. Almost niche which is crazy given the men’s crowds. Both teams have to start winning, their lack of success over the past 5 years is not okay. They have the resources, but the lack of pub is concerning. Their schedules are meh.

Reaction Score
It is shocking how little press and hype men’s and women’s soccer get given their history & the sport’s popularity in the state. Almost niche which is crazy given the men’s crowds. Both teams have to start winning, their lack of success over the past 5 years is not okay. They have the resources, but the lack of pub is concerning. Their schedules are meh.

The UConn Athletics website and UConn men's and women's soccer twitter accounts put out very little information on the UConn soccer teams, especially during the off season. They need to put out more info if they want the soccer teams to get more press and hype. Coverage of the teams tend to be a bit skimpy, but UConn athletics does not seem to help out all that much.

Reaction Score
No result on the exhibition game yesterday vs URI on the UConnhuskies.com site. Anyone know what happened?

Reaction Score

We lost to them 3-1 on the road during the season last year, so hopefully a good sign for the defense.

I'd love to see us creating a few more chances. Last season, I thought we were actually quite good at possessing the ball in midfield but were too timid to take advantage a lot of the time. Hopefully Moussa Wade coming back can help bring some of the creativity we'll be missing from Mateo leaving.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UConn vs Charlotte is streaming now on ESPN+. I don’t know if Charlotte is any good. Either I forgot just how poor the quality of play is in college, or UConn is just not even in the vicinity of what we once were. Probably both are true.

Reaction Score
F4VK4BYX0AA_60y

I thought this was an interesting starting 11. Wade technically in midfield, Chandler in defense, Testori and Almeida coming off the bench. I thought we looked okay, we created a few chances but no real clear-cut ones. I wonder if we see any changes going into the Holy Cross game on Sunday

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn vs Charlotte is streaming now on ESPN+. I don’t know if Charlotte is any good. Either I forgot just how poor the quality of play is in college, or UConn is just not even in the vicinity of what we once were. Probably both are true.
I understand why you would have that opinion but I don't feel it fair to generalize. College soccer is beginning to readjust to the factors that changed the game over the past 10-15 years.
I watched Syracuse/PC last night and Cuse has some really nice players (they have had 12 transfers on their roster this season and most are are either Srs or grad xfers). Indiana has gotten stronger, again; Penn State has a nice side this season (tied Pitt yesterday) and UCF beat Clemson yesterday.
I like the fact that the talent has been spread out.
Unfortunately, the ACC is still by far the strongest conference.

Reaction Score
The weather was definitely affecting the quality of play last night. Charlotte is historically pretty strong and has a pretty decent chance to win their conference. College soccer is always going to look a little rough compared to most pro leagues, but there's still some pretty good soccer out there.

I wish we played Akron this year now that they're in the Big East, they always have a really solid team.

Reaction Score
I started watching the match in the second half on ESPN+. Charlotte did score (after what looked like a missed foul on Charlotte) and led 1-0 when the game was delayed for the weather, and then cancelled.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I understand why you would have that opinion but I don't feel it fair to generalize. College soccer is beginning to readjust to the factors that changed the game over the past 10-15 years.
I watched Syracuse/PC last night and Cuse has some really nice players (they have had 12 transfers on their roster this season and most are are either Srs or grad xfers). Indiana has gotten stronger, again; Penn State has a nice side this season (tied Pitt yesterday) and UCF beat Clemson yesterday.
I like the fact that the talent has been spread out.
Unfortunately, the ACC is still by far the strongest conference.
Yes, it's mostly me I suspect. I went to most every game in the 80s. I didn't however, watch any high level soccer then. I've watched a few UConn games when I can over the years, but I've also watched a lot more World Cup, Premier League and even MLS than I ever did many years ago. So yesterday, a less than inspiring UConn team in its first game of the season didn't look very good.

Reaction Score
F4VK4BYX0AA_60y

I thought this was an interesting starting 11. Wade technically in midfield, Chandler in defense, Testori and Almeida coming off the bench. I thought we looked okay, we created a few chances but no real clear-cut ones. I wonder if we see any changes going into the Holy Cross game on Sunday
The 2022 National HS Player of the Year can't crack the starting lineup. What the hell is going on up there?

Reaction Score
All from donations of a former player alum, so not really. Are you going to force alums to provide money only to the programs you support? Maybe you can gift several million to the university and ensure it's not "wasted"

Might as well give it to the chess club.

Reaction Score
Might as well give it to the chess club.
What do you gain from coming to this thread and being a constant source of negativity with absolutely nothing worthwhile to provide?

Reaction Score
What do you gain from coming to this thread and being a constant source of negativity with absolutely nothing worthwhile to provide?

That’s what happens when you resurrect an old post. Tough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom