UConn Soccer '23 | The Boneyard

UConn Soccer '23

Reaction Score
Downgrade it to a club program and spend the money elsewhere because college soccer is waste of resources.

Reaction Score
Downgrade it to a club program and spend the money elsewhere because college soccer is waste of resources.

I get where you're coming from. College soccer has been blow up. But the games are still fun and they do draw nice crowds.

Reaction Score
I get where you're coming from. College soccer has been blow up. But the games are still fun and they do draw nice crowds.

They can do that as a club program. They can even keep running the clock in the wrong direction and have mass substitutions. It’s barely even soccer.

Reaction Score
Yeah, they built a new soccer stadium so they could downgrade to a club program. Hope you were being sarcastic.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I hate to say it, but it is a cost cutting measure that helps with Title IX. I highly doubt it ever happens considering the donations from former Men's players.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Waste of money.
They use it to host other events like football spring weekend. The coach will be part of the coach's roadshow this year. Maybe we can get some Boneyarders to report back.

Reaction Score
Former play Tony Rizza donated 6 million for the new stadium and performance center. No, we're not downgrading or cutting men's soccer.

In addition to the new soccer facilities, considering the past popularity and success of the UConn soccer program, I would be very surprised if UConn were to cut or downgrade the men's soccer program.

Reaction Score
Former play Tony Rizza donated 6 million for the new stadium and performance center. No, we're not downgrading or cutting men's soccer.

They should either downgrade it or band together with other serious soccer schools, leave the NCAA, make college soccer more consistent with world soccer and not a dead end waste of time.

Reaction Score
In addition to the new soccer facilities, considering the past popularity and success of the UConn soccer program, I would be very surprised if UConn were to cut or downgrade the men's soccer program.

If we get a B12 invite, I wonder where UConn soccer would play? I don't think the B12 sponsors soccer.

Reaction Score
b12_soccerschedule_grid_CR_1_03.jpg

Reaction Score
Anyone have any info about the newcomers? It's pretty hard to find literally anything about the incoming freshman.

I know one of the grad transfers, Adil Iggoute, scored 20 goals last year but in the USCAA so not exactly sure how impressive that is. The other grad transfer was a second team all-conference goalie in the NEWMAC, but I honestly thought Jayden Hibbert looked pretty solid for a freshman last year, so we'll see how the minutes work out.

Reaction Score
One of the newcomers is Lucas Almeida, the 2022 US Soccer Coaches National Player of the Year. I saw him play once this past year and he's extremely talented. I hope Gbandi has some other talent that can complement him.
The dearth of information coming out of the program is disappointing, reminiscent of Ray Reid's tenure.

Reaction Score
One of the newcomers is Lucas Almeida, the 2022 US Soccer Coaches National Player of the Year. I saw him play once this past year and he's extremely talented. I hope Gbandi has some other talent that can complement him.
The dearth of information coming out of the program is disappointing, reminiscent of Ray Reid's tenure.

Agreed. Even in the announcements of big, local signings like Almeida or Kieran Chandler, they didn't mention any of their accolades or anything. This is the best time of year to be building hype for the program. I know it doesn't have the fanfare of some other sports, but a training video, a video segment meeting some of the players, literally anything, would go a long way I think

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom