UCONN - SMU Game This Sunday | The Boneyard

UCONN - SMU Game This Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are any other Boneyarders going to the game this Sunday? Also, does anyone familiar with Dallas have tips for dining near the SMU campus? Sightseeing suggestions? The town is packed due to the college football national championship and we would like to book dinner reservations in advance. Thanks for any tips that can be provided. Go Huskies!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
  1. Spaghetti Warehouse at 1815 North Market Street, Dallas, TX 75202...It's been a few years since I was last there, but good time, good food, and good accomodations for a group.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I'm going! But only for a half. But I'm from here, if you have any questions you can PM me.

There is a lot near SMU's campus, if you cross the highway there is a shopping/eating center called Mockingbird Station (Mockingbird is the street that runs into SMU) some casual restaurants there if you want a bite before the game.

Some great restaurants in Dallas...the Knox/Henderson area is pretty close to campus and has great restaurants. The Porch, Sissy's, Mr. Mesero are all good. Good casual bars/nightlife over there too.

Don't know where you are staying, but Neighborhood Services on Lovers and Inwood (I don't know if they take reservations) is delicious. Bubba's Fried Chicken on Hillcrest right across from campus is really good but very casual.

Tex-Mex in Dallas is usually pretty good, so is BBQ (Pecan Lodge in Deep Ellum is the best, second is probably Lockhart in the Oak Cliff area.)

I actually don't think that Dallas will be that crazy, the football game is actually in Arlington, about 30 minutes outside Dallas and much closer to Fort Worth. ESPN broadcasts from Fort Worth and when the Super Bowl was here a few years ago most people seemed to stay there instead of Dallas.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Sightseeing...well, the JFK memorial downtown is close and worth seeing (the 6th Floor Museum). Our Arts District is actually pretty cool, the Nasher sculpture center is great and we just built a Science Museum, the Perot Museum, that's pretty amazing also. It's actually kind of chilly here right now (for us) but Klyde Warren Park downtown is worth seeing, there are usually good food trucks and sometimes performances, lots of kids, etc.

Reaction Score
I'm going! But only for a half. But I'm from here, if you have any questions you can PM me.

There is a lot near SMU's campus, if you cross the highway there is a shopping/eating center called Mockingbird Station (Mockingbird is the street that runs into SMU) some casual restaurants there if you want a bite before the game.

Some great restaurants in Dallas...the Knox/Henderson area is pretty close to campus and has great restaurants. The Porch, Sissy's, Mr. Mesero are all good. Good casual bars/nightlife over there too.

Don't know where you are staying, but Neighborhood Services on Lovers and Inwood (I don't know if they take reservations) is delicious. Bubba's Fried Chicken on Hillcrest right across from campus is really good but very casual.

Tex-Mex in Dallas is usually pretty good, so is BBQ (Pecan Lodge in Deep Ellum is the best, second is probably Lockhart in the Oak Cliff area.)

Thank you, sarals24 and BigBird for the great tips! Much appreciated. We will check out many of your suggestions.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Oh check out the restaurants in Highland Park Village also - Mi Cocina is delicious. Get a Mambo Taxi margarita.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is anyone going to be there? I imagine everyone one in Dallas will be watching football.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I will be there! And my 8th grade girls bball team :) But only a few parents, since the Cowboys are playing. Oh well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's nice to have such knowledgeable BYers in so many places
Right? I swear the only place we don't have any is in North Dakota, and even then I bet someone has "been there" and could answer any questions we might have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom