UConn should win it all. | The Boneyard

UConn should win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a Razorback fan, this was my first chance to see UConn play all year. I of course researched pregame and knew you were good but wow.

You shot 57% on the night and it wasn’t luck. All night you had good open looks, good spacing, amazing assist and ridiculously good shooters.

You held us to 31% shooting on the night, we are 2nd highest shooting % team in the SEC.

First reaction is well it was just a good night for UConn and a bad night for Arkansas. Of course that is true but it was a bad night for Arkansas because your Defense locked us down. Your offense confused our defense giving you so many open looks, your game plan was better, your execution was better, your players played with intensity, your shooters were lights out, all of this to say that I am beyond impressed.

As someone who was at the game, I also appreciate your fans that I met. Very polite, classy, several had positive, encouraging words after the game about the Arkansas program.

This Razorback fan can admit when his team was out played & out classed by a superior team. I truly hope you continue on to win it all!

Last thing.

I would like to clarify I have seen some people upset with Anthony Black #0 for the razorbacks saying he is a jerk because he was complaining down 25 with a few minutes left. Just understand he is our team leader. He is the guy who still dives for the ball down 30, he is the guy who battled injuries all year and pushed to play when he could have sat out and because he is a guaranteed 1st round NBA pick. He has played with so much heart and passion all year, so yes he comes off as a jerk sometimes, but truly he just puts everything he has in to it and gives it 110% no matter the time left, score, etc.

Good luck with the rest of the tournament!

This Razorback will be cheering UConn on, in any game you play moving forward (until we meet again)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Black is probably a lot like Andre Jackson - super intense and if he's on your team you LOVE him, but if he's on the opposing team, you hate him
Rewatched the free throw just before Andre got the technical. Had wondered why Andre fell going for rebound. Black grabbed him and threw him down. Could have been injured.

So Andre did Andre and Black did an Andre.

I loved watching Black. Kid is legit. And never quit.

Thanks for coming here and wishing us well BossHog.

I have spoken!

Reaction Score
Black is probably a lot like Andre Jackson - super intense and if he's on your team you LOVE him, but if he's on the opposing team, you hate him
Black sounds pretty tough as well. They mentioned that he wears a boot when not playing or practicing. Not sure what his injury is.

Reaction Score
As a Razorback fan, this was my first chance to see UConn play all year. I of course researched pregame and knew you were good but wow.

You shot 57% on the night and it wasn’t luck. All night you had good open looks, good spacing, amazing assist and ridiculously good shooters.

You held us to 31% shooting on the night, we are 2nd highest shooting % team in the SEC.

First reaction is well it was just a good night for UConn and a bad night for Arkansas. Of course that is true but it was a bad night for Arkansas because your Defense locked us down. Your offense confused our defense giving you so many open looks, your game plan was better, your execution was better, your players played with intensity, your shooters were lights out, all of this to say that I am beyond impressed.

As someone who was at the game, I also appreciate your fans that I met. Very polite, classy, several had positive, encouraging words after the game about the Arkansas program.

This Razorback fan can admit when his team was out played & out classed by a superior team. I truly hope you continue on to win it all!

Last thing.

I would like to clarify I have seen some people upset with Anthony Black #0 for the razorbacks saying he is a jerk because he was complaining down 25 with a few minutes left. Just understand he is our team leader. He is the guy who still dives for the ball down 30, he is the guy who battled injuries all year and pushed to play when he could have sat out and because he is a guaranteed 1st round NBA pick. He has played with so much heart and passion all year, so yes he comes off as a jerk sometimes, but truly he just puts everything he has in to it and gives it 110% no matter the time left, score, etc.

This Razorback will be cheering UConn on, in any game you play moving forward (until we meet again)
UCONN fans were polite?

Reaction Score
Black is a very good player and that every coach wishes they had on their team. When opposing fans hate you, you know you are good (see Syracuse fans hate for UConn as an example)

Reaction Score

Last thing.

Thank you. You’re a class act.

Reaction Score
I’ll give you credit, I would not be classy enough to post something like this after a loss. Respect to you sir!
More respect and class than some of our conference mates for sure.

Reaction Score

Last thing.

It’s going to be a war against the Zags. Few is a helluva coach and while I like our chances our defensive intensity will ultimately tell the tale. There are no locks in this tourney no though. All year long 90% of press talked about how dominating teams like Purdue and Kansas were but let me tell you that Marquette, Creighton and Xavier? We’ve watched how good they were all year. One question I have is about your dislike of Alabama. Is that Yankees Red Sox level dislike?

Reaction Score
My only anxiety about this team is that we look good when we have all the momentum but when someone squares up against us and shots don't go in we tend to get super tight. If Hawkins starts missing and Sanogo gets into foul trouble against the Zags, look out...

We've got the pieces for a Final Four legit run but can we shine through adversity?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was very nice to everybody and talked to a ton of Arkansa fans. They must have been talking about me.
BTW - I found them to be super respectful back and generally very nice people. They out numbered us 2-1 from what I could see- great fan base.
You must not be on Twitter... whole different story on there. :)

Reaction Score
My only anxiety about this team is that we look good when we have all the momentum but when someone squares up against us and shots don't go in we tend to get super tight. If Hawkins starts missing and Sanogo gets into foul trouble against the Zags, look out...

We've got the pieces for a Final Four legit run but can we shine through adversity?
Sack up, let's go!!

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Usually if a kid can’t shoot then I’m out on him as an NBA prospect, but for black I’d make an exception. He does everything else and is really impressive for a freshman. If he can ever get up to like 35% from deep he’s a star at the next level

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Black is a very good player and that every coach wishes they had on their team. When opposing fans hate you, you know you are good (see Syracuse fans hate for UConn as an example)
But UConn fans hatred of Syracuse is an exception...

Reaction Score
In my 40+ years as a Huskies fan, except for Kemba's run in 2011, I've never wanted a team to win it all more than this team. Started 14-0 beating strong opponents including Alabama by 15 and we got giddy. Mid-season swoon and we were at wits-end. Regrouped and now playing like we did at the start. I want this so badly for this group and our fans to get us back to the top of college basketball after the lack of recent success. Starting to feel a bit of 90s UNLV vibe with our team.

Reaction Score

Last thing.

What a great post, thank you. Don't be a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom