UConn should have blown them out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn should have blown them out

Reaction Score
Two things jump out to me when deciding if a game deserves to be called a blowout. It would seem that if the coach has to put his starters back in the game with just over a minute to go, that the reason is he doesn’t feel comfortable with the lead his team has any longer. That, to me, is no longer a blowout. I can’t recall seeing that happen in a long time. Additionally, is a single digit margin of victory now considered a blowout?, If so, then our standards have been lowered quite a bit!
Really????? Did you watch the game and the subbing in the last 2 minutes or just see the final score?

Reaction Score
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Really????? Did you watch the game and the subbing in the last 2 minutes or just see the final score?
I watched it all. We were heading for a blowout, up 20+, but a nine point margin is not a blowout! And I can’t recall ever seeing a game in which the coach felt he had to put his starters back in to ensure the game stayed a win, called a blowout!

Reaction Score
It was like pulling your pitcher early with a big lead and the other team gets garbage runs, in the 7th and 8th innings, difference is you can put your pitcher back in to clinch it. That’s why you get a big lead.

Sanogo was in foul trouble at the same time Whaley came out then Hawkins had to come out and we were still up by 20. I think Sanogo was thinking about his foul trouble when he picked up his 3rd given the score and how tight the refs were calling it.

Reaction Score
UConn should have blown out the Hoyas. Andre Jackson and someone else fouled out and the Huskies turned the ball over most notably one for Rashool Diggins and we kept fouling the Hoyas. Thankfully we made our freethrows.
This post makes me so happy.

Four years ago, we finished the year 14-18 in the bottom half of the AAC and were not even competitive against good teams.

Four years later, we are NCAA bound with 20+ wins in February and someone is complaining on the Boneyard that we didn’t blow Georgetown out by enough points in a BE conference game.

All is once again right in the college basketball world.

Reaction Score
I watched it all. We were heading for a blowout, up 20+, but a nine point margin is not a blowout! And I can’t recall ever seeing a game in which the coach felt he had to put his starters back in to ensure the game stayed a win, called a blowout!
If Hurley didn't empty the bench and they won by 20 would that be a blowout in your book?

Reaction Score
Again, at no point in the last 11 minutes of game time were we less than 99% likely to win this game.

It was entirely non-competitive over the last 25-30 minutes of the game.

The only thing that didn't resemble a blowout was the final margin.

Reaction Score
A win is a win...all I cared about after game was the health of Hawkins and Whaley. Whaley seemed ok since kept playing and good sign Hawkins on bench at the end.

Reaction Score
If Hurley didn't empty the bench and they won by 20 would that be a blowout in your book?
As I mentioned, "We were heading for a blowout, up 20+", so yes! That's a comfortable-enough margin to have your subs in the game. It had all the looks and feel of being a blowout at that point...until near the end. I don't think it was ever in danger of becoming a loss and was still a nice win, a game we should win and did win. In the end, that's all that really matters. The tournament committee isn't going to seed us any differently due to the margin of this game, they're looking at wins and losses. Dan Hurley's actions at game end were to ensure that this one stayed in the win column. A coach does not make those moves in a blowout win.

Reaction Score
Let’s end this thread now....getting a huge headache seeing that we are still talking about this.....on to Creighton as has already been said

Reaction Score
Isaiah Whaley would already be an above average defender in the NBA and has elite athleticism. His outside shot is coming along...if he commits to shooting a few thousand 3 point shots a day in the gym everyday while playing overseas or G League for a few years this guy becomes a very nice 3 and D player with a 10+ years career in the NBA. My favorite player...

Reaction Score
UConn should have blown out the Hoyas. Andre Jackson and someone else fouled out and the Huskies turned the ball over most notably one for Rashool Diggins and we kept fouling the Hoyas. Thankfully we made our freethrows.
win is a win...be quiet...stop complaining...I don't understand how some people continues to focus on the negative in good situations...frankly I prefer to focus on the positive even in bad situations..this is why you are probably miserable and depressed most of the time while I lead a blessed and happy life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom