UCONN should (but won't) get it's own 1/2 Hour Special Preseason Show | The Boneyard

UCONN should (but won't) get it's own 1/2 Hour Special Preseason Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This pre season on CBS and most certainly on ESPN. And if not pre season, then pre post season NCAA tourney. We are the only school to win mens and womens Div I basketball Championships not once but twice. If it were Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas they would have their own series! Don't know why am I getting so worked up, the season hasn't even started yet, and the disrespect only seems to help us but it does gnaw. I'd grab a drink but it's 10 am.

Reaction Score
We got no respect that's why we are so DOOMED!!!! Proud to be a UConn fan!!!! Our FB is so doomed.

Reaction Score
This pre season on CBS and most certainly on ESPN. And if not pre season, then pre post season NCAA tourney. We are the only school to win mens and womens Div I basketball Championships not once but twice. If it were Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas they would have their own series! Don't know why am I getting so worked up, the season hasn't even started yet, and the disrespect only seems to help us but it does gnaw. I'd grab a drink but it's 10 am.

get back on your escalator

Reaction Score
This used to bother me just as much but now i dont give a fook because we win national championships regardless of how much attention the talking heads give us.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The only thing media attention gives UCONN is ammunition when arguing with rival fans on message boards. I'll take national championships instead.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Don't let that 10:00 a.m. thing get in the way.

Reaction Score
The best 'reality' college basketball show in the nation is a short postseason video called 'One Shining Moment', particularly the end is the best part. Even better yet we have multiple videos to select for viewing. All the teams having 1/2 hour special preseaon shows don't have what we have.

So for me I'm happy either way, because this UConn fan is only concerned about enjoying our unique library of postseason shows.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The reason ESPN hypes Kentucky up so much is because they get the best recruits, and the best recruits have the best shot at becoming stars in the NBA, and ESPN shows a ton of NBA games each season. No need to wait for Randle and Wiggins to become stars before it's attractive to turn on ESPN to watch them; they're already household names. Hell, they don't even have to become stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom