Uconn - Seton Hall | The Boneyard

Uconn - Seton Hall

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
With Hurley at the helm, competing for the same NJ recruits, both programs on the rise, this has serious serious rivalry potential. Most exciting conference matchup?

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I've thought about road trips that I can make to games. St. Johns, Seton Hall and Providence are all gonna be within reasonable driving distance. I imagine we will be at the top and really the rivalries will be with other teams fighting for the top spot. I find it hard to believe that Seton Hall will be able to stay relevant beyond next year.

Reaction Score
I've thought about road trips that I can make to games. St. Johns, Seton Hall and Providence are all gonna be within reasonable driving distance. I imagine we will be at the top and really the rivalries will be with other teams fighting for the top spot. I find it hard to believe that Seton Hall will be able to stay relevant beyond next year.
In our first tour of duty in the Big East, I never made a trip to Providence for a road game. Im going to make it a point to do that next season.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Who will be the first home Big East opponent? I think we open on the road at Nova but get Gtown for the home opener at Gampel.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Nova. Only BE teams with recent banners.
You know that’s not true. Seton Hall and PC will be rivalry type games as well as long as Hurley is here.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
First you need to get me to care about PC and SH. I'm looking forward to the upgrade in SOS, but help us if we are in a long term rivalry with these schools that isn't one sided in our favor.

Our rivals should be whomever is fighting us for the title, as it had always been.

Reaction Score
All good arguments. I’m just happy we’re going to be in a conference with multiple teams that we actually want to play!

Reaction Score
every game in this conference will be so exciting. from nova down to depaul im truly looking forward to these matchups. the intriguing ones will be creighton and butler in my opinion because we never really played those programs. but man give me Nova/Marquette/PC/G'town among others any day of the week

Reaction Score
Nova is the only nationally relevant team in the ZBE. If we're worried about PC and Seton Hall, we're in trouble.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Who will be the first home Big East opponent? I think we open on the road at Nova but get Gtown for the home opener at Gampel.

Don't care as long as I can watch it on Fox with Gus and Raftery on the call. No more thinking who are these D-list ESPN commentators...

Reaction Score
As long as I never have to see Tulane, Tulsa, USF, or ECU again, and we get to go to the Big East Tournament, then I'm good.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
PeeCee
then Nova, Gtown and maybe St Johns
The Hall hasn't earned that respect yet
All that is based on the OBE ties

As far as the NBE is concerned, I still go with the above as far as I am concerned but their fans might feel differently.
I don't see UConn coming in and dominating from day 1 but as they get stronger, the rivalries will materialize. If I'm a NBE fan and I see that UConn struggled to be competitive in the AAC, that doesn't scare the hell out of me. UConn has to reestablish themselves first

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom