UConn Set to Offer Cannabis Horticulture Course | The Boneyard

UConn Set to Offer Cannabis Horticulture Course

Reaction Score
Back to school boys... University of Connecticut Set to Offer Cannabis Horticulture Course

>>Gerald Berkowitz, a professor of plant science, will teach “Horticulture of Cannabis: From Seed to Harvest.”

According to local news sources, the course will be an introductory level offering. As such, there will be no prerequisites. In theory, that should make the course open and accessible to a wide range of interested students.

As indicated in its title, the course will focus primarily on the cultivation side of things. Throughout the semester, Berkowitz plans to bring in a series of industry experts to talk about various aspects of growing weed in the legal market.

The course is the first of its kind offered at UConn. An administrators apparently decided to offer the course after getting “tremendous student demand” for academic training related to the legal cannabis industry.<<

Last edited:

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Night class in waterbury and i could fill it in under 8 hours by myself with just people i know.

I think its interesting. I think its a pretty good move too. Attendance will not be an issue. Local talent in an emerging industry makes a bunch of sense.

Reaction Score
Saw this on the Fox 61 news last night. Will this replace German Beer Hall Drinking Songs as that one course you can't get into because it's filled with athletes? I tried to get into that one every year!

Reaction Score

>>“There’s going to be more students taught in this one class than in my department, all the professors, all the classes they teach, both semesters,” Berkowitz said. “We’re teaching the course in the largest lecture hall at the university, with over 400 seats. We ran out of seats before half of the university could register for the course.” <<

>>Berkowitz takes Capitol Watch inside the classroom, and graduate student Peter Apicella brings us on a tour of a campus grow house.<<

Curiouser
Reaction Score
>>“There’s going to be more students taught in this one class than in my department, all the professors, all the classes they teach, both semesters,” Berkowitz said. “We’re teaching the course in the largest lecture hall at the university, with over 400 seats. We ran out of seats before half of the university could register for the course.” <<
Least-shocking news ever.

Reaction Score
Curaleaf to Sponsor University of Connecticut Industrial Hemp Research

>> Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF), a leading vertically integrated cannabis operator in the United States, announced it is sponsoring pioneering industrial hemp research being conducted by the University of Connecticut. The goal of the research is to help improve industrial hemp production levels and advance current cultivation processes. Findings have the potential to impact production in the medical cannabis industry.

Through this partnership, Curaleaf has committed to providing funds to support researchers from the University of Connecticut’s Department of Plant Science and Landscape Architecture. The multi-faceted project will focus on tissue culture work, tetraploid development and feminized seed for production, all of which serve as a foundation for seed breeding and improving current industrial hemp production processes.<<

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
couldn't resist...research! interestingly, until the late 1800s, hemp was the top crop planted on earth, and now, with the passage of the Farm Bill, it's legal again in the u.s.

Reaction Score
So I guess homework is growing weed in my closet, eh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom