UConn sells out allotment of tickets to MSG before "minor" donors even had a chance to purchase | The Boneyard

UConn sells out allotment of tickets to MSG before "minor" donors even had a chance to purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Apologize if this has been posted, but at 1:08PM, I received an email from UConn letting me know that they had sold their allotment for tickets to MSG this weekend before "minor" donors even had the chance to purchase tickets at 1:30PM. This was to be expected, but what was surprising is that it happened so quickly considering so many people had already purchased tickets via secondary markets.

It looks like it will indeed be an enormous pro-UConn crowd at MSG!

Reaction Score
Apologize if this has been posted, but at 1:08PM, I received an email from UConn letting me know that they had sold their allotment for tickets to MSG this weekend before "minor" donors even had the chance to purchase tickets at 1:30PM. This was to be expected, but what was surprising is that it happened so quickly considering so many people had already purchased tickets via secondary markets.

It looks like it will indeed be an enormous pro-UConn crowd at MSG!

Imagine being one of these donors and seeing buyers inflate the aftermarket ticket prices by 33-40% yesterday.

Reaction Score
I wonder how many tickets were held back for distribution to the politicians...Malloy, Murphy, Blumenthal, legislators, etc. etc.

Reaction Score
I called the UConn Club and told them it was a mistake to allocate 6 tickets each to the highest level donors., and 4 tickets to other high levels. That leaves out many "vocal" fans who must either pay inflated prices or stay home.
They told me that they would consider that in the future. Sure, the next time we are in a regional in MSG?????

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
MSG and Barclays will be very frequent regional hosts going forward.

Reaction Score
No, they got an initial 500, and had the option to purchase an additional 750. They probably distributed the initial 500 to non-donors - basically university/state people, and the subsequent 750 were distributed to fans, hence why the ticket office used the 750 number. That said, the other teams could theoretically return unused tickets, which would be done on Thursday morning. I wouldn't be shocked if UConn checks in and tries to buy up those extras on Thursday afternoon.

Reaction Score
I called the UConn Club and told them it was a mistake to allocate 6 tickets each to the highest level donors., and 4 tickets to other high levels. That leaves out many "vocal" fans who must either pay inflated prices or stay home.
They told me that they would consider that in the future. Sure, the next time we are in a regional in MSG?????

The world being what it is, money talks and .... They need to take care of the big donors if you want the big donors to be big donors. The rest of us have to either become big donors or deal with it.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, that's how it is and always will be. Those who spend $$ get the tickets first.

Reaction Score
I heard, but have not been able to confirm, this is the first NCAA Tournament in MSG since 1961? And that was in the old MSG.

Reaction Score
Don't forget the allotment also includes tickets for players families, coaches families etc etc.. by the time it gets to the fans you are probably looking at a minimum 25% of the allotment gone

Reaction Score
If this is going to be at MSG or Barclay's frequently, this may come to seem like our BET. And the beauty for me is that my school moved our Spring Break permanently from BET week to this week.

Reaction Score
MSG holds 18,200 folks. I am surprised that schools are not allocated more tickets. How about 2000 per team leaving another 10,000 for the public?

Reaction Score
Is there a possibility that those 500 tickets were bought by UConn and given to students? With buses rolling out of Storrs on Friday morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom