UCONN Seeking Donations to offset Pandemic Losses | The Boneyard

UCONN Seeking Donations to offset Pandemic Losses

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Actually:
In an email to season ticket holders last Tuesday, the athletic department asked fans to consider allowing the school to retain at least 50 percent of their men’s basketball seat donation or $100 for women’s basketball-only buyers to “assist us in supporting our student-athletes.”

I think that we UCONN women's Basketball Fans - even though we may not all be season ticket holders should consider donation the minimum $100 (or more) they are asking of the women’s basketball season ticket holders.

Anyway, just a thought.....

Reaction Score
Actually:
In an email to season ticket holders last Tuesday, the athletic department asked fans to consider allowing the school to retain at least 50 percent of their men’s basketball seat donation or $100 for women’s basketball-only buyers to “assist us in supporting our student-athletes.”

I think that we UCONN women's Basketball Fans - even though we may not all be season ticket holders should consider donation the minimum $100 (or more) they are asking of the women’s basketball season ticket holders.

Anyway, just a thought.....
Thanks @Big Mick for the information. I checked the UCONN Huskies.com website and found this link for the "Fight on Fund." UConn Athletics Launches Fight On Fund - University of Connecticut Athletics Follow that to a "Donate" button.

It appears the donations go into a "General SPORTS Fund"... not a specific sport. We all know the impact COVID-19 has had on all College Sports. IF, as @Big Mick suggests, enough people donate...even $100... it will help during these crazy times. Presumably the donation...since it's to a College...is tax deductible.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get why they are doing this (I am one of the ones that donated the $100.00) I just don't think it's right that you have to lose your forever seats if you don't make the donation. Not everyone can afford that on top of the ticket price.

Reaction Score
I called the ticket office, the explanation I got was the $100 they are asking for is only for those season ticket holders that did not donate money.
iI was told that since I had donated prior to ordering tickets I did not have to give the $100.

at least that’s my understanding of the explanation

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
It appears the donations go into a "General SPORTS Fund"... not a specific sport. We all know the impact COVID-19 has had on all College Sports. IF, as @Big Mick suggests, enough people donate...even $100... it will help during these crazy times. Presumably the donation...since it's to a College...is tax deductible.

GO HUSKIES!!!
Just based on experience - I don't do my own taxes - yes, it should be deductible since you didn't get anything tangible for it, provided you qualify to deduct donations at all. That's the rub, I used to be able to deduct donations and can no longer do so due to tax law changes. I continue to donate none-the-less.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I called the ticket office, the explanation I got was the $100 they are asking for is only for those season ticket holders that did not donate money.
iI was told that since I had donated prior to ordering tickets I did not have to give the $100.

I think that is correct. Season ticket holders needed to give at least $100 to the Husky Athletic Fund when renewing season tickets earlier this year to continue to get credit under the "Consecutive Years of Giving" - 10 points per year - "priority point system" to allocate "donor benefits", meaning (for my purposes at least) getting some modest level of priority for season ticket seat selection.

The email communication from UConn about all of this from November 5 was not a model of clarity. However, in emailing with a very helpful individual in the ticket office, I was told the same thing as uconn2000, that is, if you already gave at that earlier time you do not have to give again.

For me, the options were to then either get a refund of my ticket purchase or to roll it forward to the 2021-2022 season.

I had also purchased tickets to the Mohegan Sun games on November 28 and 29. The ticket office informed me that just today it was announced there will be no fans at those games. Those tickets will be refunded within the next eight weeks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I wish they had been clearer in the email they sent, before the email even came out I had made 2 donations to Uconn since purchasing my tickets and now the extra $100.00 maybe I will get an upgrade in my seats (ha, ha) it's all good just can't wait to actually be able to go to a game. In the mean time go huskies!!

Reaction Score
I donated $600.00. Half of my season ticket refund. That is on top of my yearly donation. I hope it helps a little. Holly crap, I wish I had more I could give.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom