UConn Season Wins | The Boneyard

UConn Season Wins

Reaction Score
A lot of things can happen, but as of now football is on, although that may change. I think UConn's season wins total is way too low. Currently set at -110 odds at 2.5 wins. I have to think because their 2 most winnable games are at home vs FCS Maine, and UMass (season win total set at 1.5), that is 2 games with a high probability of winning.

That takes us to where is the 3rd win coming from? It would likely occur in one of these games:

BEST CHANCE:

Old Dominion at home. ODU forecast 2.5 wins
Liberty, MTSU both at home and both projected at 5.5 wins.

NEXT GROUP:

San Jose St. (5.5) on the road
Illinois (4.5) on the road
Army (6.5) at home

The key is not coughing up the UMass or Maine games. If they go 2-0 in those games, the odds of getting at least 1 more win, appears considerably better than 50/50.

I take UConn over 2.5 -110

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
3 wins is unacceptable and isn't getting Randy's to next season, unless we've completely given up on the idea of winning FB games or people will buy into 2020 as a throwaway season because of Covid.

Judging on RE's first time around, we should be looking for an improved defense and special team and finding a productive running back.

Maine
UMass
ODU
one of Liberty/MTSU
one of Army/Illinois

This is the bar. Any other win would be a huge bonus. None of these games are large talent gaps. They can be won on fundamentals which is supposed to be Randy's thing.

It might be in Randy's best interest to see the season cancelled and give him another year of development. I do think he is better equipped than most coaches to use this atypical season to steal an extra win or two.

Reaction Score
I agree with that assessment. If we go 2-10 their is something dramatically wrong going on and I think RE has to be let go. I think what you chose as a bar is fair. Good input...thanks!

Reaction Score
Agree that another 2-3 win season is unacceptable. It's year 4 of Randy 2.0. No more excuses.

Reaction Score
It’s year 4. The entire roster was recruited and developed by this staff. The schedule is hot garbage and the team had an extra 15 practices that almost no opponent got to utilize. No one is asking for the team to make the playoff. Win 5 games and be competitive in your losses. Show the fans that this thing is headed in the right direction. It is not too much to ask.

Reaction Score
We're a very young team. very few seniors. I'm worried about our OL. And a QB has to step up and take the reins. I think '21, we go bowling.

Reaction Score
A lot of things can happen, but as of now football is on, although that may change. I think UConn's season wins total is way too low. Currently set at -110 odds at 2.5 wins. I have to think because their 2 most winnable games are at home vs FCS Maine, and UMass (season win total set at 1.5), that is 2 games with a high probability of winning.

That takes us to where is the 3rd win coming from? It would likely occur in one of these games:

BEST CHANCE:

Old Dominion at home. ODU forecast 2.5 wins
Liberty, MTSU both at home and both projected at 5.5 wins.

NEXT GROUP:

San Jose St. (5.5) on the road
Illinois (4.5) on the road
Army (6.5) at home

The key is not coughing up the UMass or Maine games. If they go 2-0 in those games, the odds of getting at least 1 more win, appears considerably better than 50/50.

I take UConn over 2.5 -110

One would really have to be a pessimist to take the under at 2.5 knowing UMASS and Maine should be wins. I'm surprised its not 3.5.

Reaction Score
1-3 wins must go
4 -needs to go, but ine quality win keeps hanging around
5+ he stays

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Based on UConn's financials, Randy stays no matter wins, losses, ties, no games played
I'm not so sure but COVID probably helps a low cost coach who is sitting on the hot seat.

Reaction Score
The roster is improving. I’m thinking Randy might pull this off after all. He’s a pretty good coach with a decent roster, his DC is very passionate and while his OC lacks experience, it seems like he has potential.

I wouldn’t be running Randy out of town yet. He’ll make us tough and competitive. Once that happens, we can start judging his ability to take us further. At least then, we’ll have an FBS roster to hand another coach if it comes to that.

Reaction Score
3 wins is unacceptable and isn't getting Randy's to next season, unless we've completely given up on the idea of winning FB games or people will buy into 2020 as a throwaway season because of Covid.

Judging on RE's first time around, we should be looking for an improved defense and special team and finding a productive running back.

Maine
UMass
ODU
one of Liberty/MTSU
one of Army/Illinois

This is the bar. Any other win would be a huge bonus. None of these games are large talent gaps. They can be won on fundamentals which is supposed to be Randy's thing.

It might be in Randy's best interest to see the season cancelled and give him another year of development. I do think he is better equipped than most coaches to use this atypical season to steal an extra win or two.

I like most of your stuff, but LOL at this.

Given the current fiscal situation, Randy might as well have a lifetime contract @ $1m/year. Just go ahead and set expectations thusly, and be surprised if they are ever good.

Reaction Score
1-3 wins must go
4 -needs to go, but ine quality win keeps hanging around
5+ he stays
I think he can get five wins, even if he gets only three wins along with some Heartbreakers I'll give him a pass. If he has four or five 66-7 losses, that would be very bad.

Reaction Score
Has anyone read Phil Steele’s 2020 college football preview?

any news on UConn? Did any players make the All-Independent team?

Reaction Score
I think 4 wins is max this year if we are allowed to play every team on the schedule. I think development as the season goes on will be the biggest factor if RE stays or goes. They seemed to have played hard for him last year and I think morale improved because of that. If the teams shows steady progress and looks like they belong on the field with the opposing team, edsall comes back. But let’s be honest here edsall isn’t really the problem. The problem is moment a coordinator gets some semblance of success they jump ship immediately because of money is always going to be better. Assistant pool is what keeps UCONN down.

Reaction Score
Who knows at this point. Based on the original schedule I thought 4-6 was in the realm of possibility. UMass, Maine, MTSU, Army, Liberty, San Jose were all winnable, though clearly not guaranteed wins. I also thought we could pick up an upset among somewhere along the line since all our P5 games are middle of the road teams who could well overlook us. But now, if we play an 8-10 game home home all Indy schedule, who can say. I think it is pretty tough to beat a team twice unless you are very much superior. So I would say we split with UMass, Army NMSU and Liberty and lose both to BYU. 4-6. Maybe we beat UMass both games or New Mexico and end up 5-5. Some other mishmash schedule where we play a MAC or AAC team who lost a P5 game due to league only stuff, I’m thinking Temple to replace Rutgers and Ball State to replace Indiana who bailed on both of us, then maybe 3 east coast indies home and home and at New Mexico St and home with BYU, well, I have no idea what our record would look like.

Reaction Score
The other receiver is going to be very good too. Maybe even equal to Ross. Really came on late.

Reaction Score
Lets just stipulate that the pandemic never happened and that the schedule remains the same. I am curious how people think UConn wins more than two games. After a decade of happy preseason thinking, I would have thought that would have disappeared by now. Personally I would pick 2 W's for the simple reason that the pendulum would have swung back to decent (or at least not quite so awful as before) D but gawd awful O. Rebuilding O line and unproven/flawed QB's, exacerbated by regression to a back to basics RRPP offensive style (HCRE's default comfort place) and questions on special teams. Have I missed anything? Yup, the schedule looks a little less challenging, but still ....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom