UConn season tix email? | The Boneyard

UConn season tix email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
yeah I got that one. There was supposed to be a more detailed one coming today.

Reaction Score
I got the email yesterday or Monday and have received two phone calls while traveling, one late last week and one on Monday. The caller was not my previous ticket rep (he was one of those named as "having been let go") and wasn't pushy about it. I told him I'd call back today when I'm not driving and have time to discuss it. They're offering options for donating, etc. but I didn't have time for the details.

Reaction Score
Yeah, my original guy is gone, too. Talked with another guy the other day. Too much blah-blah-blah, hard to digest. So I am waiting for the email with the options spelled out.

Reaction Score
It was suppose to happen today. They probably have to make adjustments because they aren't allowing any fans.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I received a call from my regular guy (I left him a message/email when they made the no fan decision) who more or less said they are pushing the donation angle - I find that offensive and told him so
While he did not outwardly agree with me I could tell that he was in some sort of agreement - I'm guessing they may get a stipend for the donation
I went the donation (for the recording artists COVID relief fund) route on two separate concerts that were cancelled and I found out later that 25% of the ticket prices went to the ticket agency - I bitched and they sent me some damn disclaimer in small print that stated that they had the option to do so.
We are supposed to specifics today (11/04) or by Thursday at the latest
We'll see...………... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
1604585581420.png

Reaction Score

If I'm not mistaken, this means I don't get to keep my seats for 2021-2022 if I don't give them money for a season I won't be watching? Well that sucks.

I don't give money I don't have to because I give a rats behind about philanthropic gifts to a massive state school. I didn't go to UConn. I don't give money to the school I did go to. My SO is on the faculty and UConn and doesn't donate. Well, mostly because she hates basketball. My donations are with my time, and to more charitable organizations. There are a hell of a lot better causes than UConn athletics. Sorry guys. I want to watch basketball games from as decent a vantage point as I can afford when we have a season. That's it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Got the email. Talked to my rep. He explained to me that if they didn't get some of this money, there might have been NO basketball season.

Reaction Score
Got the email and another email from an athletic department rep. Hard decision to make. It’s either going to be option 1 or 2 for us.

zps

Reaction Score
So basically you have to let them keep at least 50% of your seat donation or your forfeit your seats for the following year. It seems like UConn Athletics has opted for the stick instead of the carrot approach.

This is going to rub a lot of fans the wrong way.

Reaction Score
If you can believe my rep, they had to do it this way.

Reaction Score

I don't think your rep as any reason to lie. But they weren't NOT having a basketball season. There is no way. They know that people like their seats and are trying to milk as much cash as they can out of them--it is what it is. It's the state government--what do you expect.

This is likely the last year I would've been able to go to any games anyways. My SO is applying for jobs all over the country. I'll certainly miss the games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For the football tix and donation, they were offering 2X the points. Did anybody do this?? I did, and I haven't seen the points added to my account.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They didn't "have" to do it any particular way. They didn't have any faith that the fanbase would step up so they had to mandate "giving". Which actually makes it "paying". The UConn Athletic Department: Pissing on the loyal fans while kissing the ass of casual fans for 30 years now.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
First time season ticket holder in for a large donation amount... which was all predicated on initial communications where all could be refunded. I’m sure I didn’t read the fine print but I was under the impression that jumping in for tix was no risk because of the option to refund. So yes I can get all my money back but I’ll lose the seats I just selected. It’s not quite what I was expecting.

Reaction Score
Not that we'll ever see it, but would be interesting to see the Option choices taken by length of season ticket purchase participation. Have to think that long standing purchasers would never want to give up prime seating options while relative newcomers would want the cash and take their chances next year again as newcomers..
Have to think that a lot of seats will come back on the market..

Reaction Score
Not that we'll ever see it, but would be interesting to see the Option choices taken by length of season ticket purchase participation. Have to think that long standing purchasers would never want to give up prime seating options while relative newcomers would want the cash and take their chances next year again as newcomers..
Have to think that a lot of seats will come back on the market..

Recently there has been less incentive for the long-time season ticket holders (which annoyed many of them on here if I remember correctly)... so I wouldnt be surprised if most people choose full refund.

Reaction Score
I still am thankful we have the option of actually keeping your seats. Years ago we got burned by them moving us back....back....back...until we quit.

Reaction Score
First time season ticket holder in for a large donation amount... which was all predicated on initial communications where all could be refunded. I’m sure I didn’t read the fine print but I was under the impression that jumping in for tix was no risk because of the option to refund. So yes I can get all my money back but I’ll lose the seats I just selected. It’s not quite what I was expecting.
Well, you didn't have long standing seats to be worried about. On the plus side, if you go full refund, there might be better seats avail next year if people bail

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That was almost me. The best seats in the house were available to me in my timeslot last year. My 35-year ticket partner wouldn't go for the $800. contribution so we dropped back a level. I have no problem telling them to keep my hundy and put the rest toward next year. But if I had made the the jump, their telling me I have to pay $400 for nothing to keep my seats would make saying no an easy choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom