UConn Schedules Another Game with Liberty in 2022 (Nov 12 in East Hartford) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Schedules Another Game with Liberty in 2022 (Nov 12 in East Hartford)

C

Chief00

We need to move the needle to at least three attractive home games per season. People have a lot of options for their entertainment dollar. The added pressure is Randy wants a few cupcakes on the schedule, he is desperate for wins.

Reaction Score
I’m full aware of every single game we’ve played prior including those before you were born. Not my point. Why play instate against your little brother. Do you have any appreciation of just how damaging to the program a loss to to CCSU would be?Literally zero upside all downside. Just stupid beyond all measure.
Then don't lose! If we don't schedule CCSU because we are afraid to lose to them, then we don't really have a football team worth watching anyway. It's not like they are on our schedule every year.

Reaction Score
Why play instate against your little brother. Do you have any appreciation of just how damaging to the program a loss to to CCSU would be?Literally zero upside all downside. Just stupid beyond all measure.

Because that what Major college programs do. Illinois schedules Eastern Illinois, Arizona State schedules Northern Arizona, Oregon schedules Portland State, Florida State schedules Florida A&M.

You schedule these games to improve the statewide support for college and High School football throughout your state. You do it to keep guarantee money supporting a fellow Connecticut public university. You do it because you 100% expect to win.

If you have any issues with paying Central instead of Wagner or Stony Brook you probably aren't a state Taxpayer. And if you honestly think CCSU can beat UConn at football, then your program has challenges beyond words and you should consider dropping the sport.

Reaction Score
CCSU averages 4k a game. That's 4k more people coming to the Rent. I'd play CCSU every year, honestly.
Should CCSU play some of their non-UConn home games at the Rent? Bet they would get more than 4,000 fans show up if they were at the venue.

Reaction Score
I know the general hate on all things AAC, but I don't see Fresno State as a better home opponent than a random AAC opponent.

If we were within 4 hours of Fresno ... you’d see 30,000 Bulldog red fans in our building.

I like schools that have Fanbase.

Yes Fresno is not a regional rival like Tulane or Tulsa. We play them in East Hartford - Once

Reaction Score
I know the general hate on all things AAC, but I don't see Fresno State as a better home opponent than a random AAC opponent.
I disagree. I think Fresno State is a really good quality opponent. As is Utah State and Wyoming if they get added on. There’s only so much AD David Benedict can do. 2020-2021 home schedule will be ugly there’s just no way around it with such short notice. So the Fresno state game is quality for what it could be.
2022 and 2023 home games for us so far feature:
Syracuse, Army, Boston College, NC State, Duke mixed with some quality G5 and FCS. Which is all we can ask for and probably what it will look like post 2021 and on. UMass schedule has at best Temple and all MAC teams mixed in with Arkansas State. Given our current state of a football program I’m very encouraged when teams like Fresno can be mixed in with the home slate.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
They aren't playing Fresno State year after year after year. I like that they are playing different teams every year.

I am a fan of the variety of teams they are playing. I just hope they can make it work financially.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Better than some (Tulane, ECU, Tulsa). That's why its and OK game. It also allows entry into CA for recruiting if we play a national schedule. It's why ND wants to play USC and Stamford every year. For us that's Fresno and SJSU.

Reaction Score
Should CCSU play some of their non-UConn home games at the Rent? Bet they would get more than 4,000 fans show up if they were at the venue.

yes, let’s have every college in the state have an off campus venue - brilliant.

Reaction Score
yes, let’s have every college in the state have an off campus venue - brilliant.
Central can pay a lower rent than UConn for the stadium. UConn pays $172,000 in rent per game at Pratt & Whitney Stadium. Place is losing money. But I guess you don't care.

Reaction Score
CCSU Posted:

Because that what Major college programs do. Illinois schedules Eastern Illinois, Arizona State schedules Northern Arizona, Oregon schedules Portland State, Florida State schedules Florida A&M.

Just a note...

Florida State schedules Florida and Miami....every year.

And, in the last 20 seasons, has scheduled USF (4X).....but not Florida A&M, UCF, FIU...etc

Reaction Score
CCSU Posted:

Just a note...

Florida State schedules Florida and Miami....every year.

And, in the last 20 seasons, has scheduled USF (4X).....but not Florida A&M, UCF, FIU...etc
Its fortunate that you have numerous fbs programs to schedule in state. We do not as there is only three in all of New England. Seem to recall you guys played Jacksonville State awhile back and it isn't like you don't schedule fcs teams, acknowledging yours was a response to instate fcs scheduling. Somehow I got the feeling you were purposely omitting that fact. If this was not the case please accept my apology.

Reaction Score
You do know Jacksonville State is in Alabama?

Reaction Score
Its fortunate that you have numerous fbs programs to schedule in state. We do not as there is only three in all of New England. Seem to recall you guys played Jacksonville State awhile back and it isn't like you don't schedule fcs teams, acknowledging yours was a response to instate fcs scheduling. Somehow I got the feeling you were purposely omitting that fact. If this was not the case please accept my apology.

Not at all...the context was that the poster maintained that FBS programs routinely play in-state FCS schools and used FSU as an example....

Of course FSU schedules some FCS...but not because they are in state. That was the point.

(and I guess you do not know that Jacksonville State is located in Alabama between Birmingham and Atlanta...not Jacksonville Fla.)

Reaction Score
Not at all...the context was that the poster maintained that FBS programs routinely play in-state FCS schools and used FSU as an example....

Of course FSU schedules some FCS...but not because they are in state. That was the point.

(and I guess you do not know that Jacksonville State is located in Alabama between Birmingham and Atlanta...not Jacksonville Fla.)
Lol. I did. Your good.

Reaction Score
Virginia Tech plays one of the FCS State schools most years. UVA And Tech seem to be alternating these days. It is partly a political thing there I understand.

Reaction Score
Virginia Tech plays one of the FCS State schools most years. UVA And Tech seem to be alternating these days. It is partly a political thing there I understand.

Virginia has a bunch of programs...

FBS...VT, Virginia, Old Dominion, Liberty

FCS...Hampton, James Madison, Norfolk State, VMI, Richmond

VT has played in-state FCS three times in last 10 seasons...William & Mary twice...and Liberty before they became FBS.

It is Virginia who plays an in-state FCS every season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom