UConn roster 2019 ---- | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn roster 2019 ----

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Here we go:
Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 7.46.07 PM.png

Reaction Score
Will there be a scholarship spot available for fudd? 2021-22 looks loaded, although I don’t imagine we will be seeing Evina that year, you know, since her appeal will be approved. How many scholarships are available in one season?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Will there be a scholarship spot available for fudd? 2021-22 looks loaded, although I don’t imagine we will be seeing Evina that year, you know, since her appeal will be approved. How many scholarships are available in one season?
Just like the old commercial, "There's always room for Jell-o," there's always room for Azzi.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Plenty of room for Azzi + another player. The scholarship limit is actually 15 although UCONN rarely approaches that number. Anna Date of Birth is March 31, 2000 which makes her WNBA draft eligible in April 2022 & Evina Westbrook is WNBA eligible April 2020. The 2021 & 2022 HS classes are loaded with talent, UCONN might as well stock up.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Keep in mind the possibility that someone may be injured, or redshirt, or transfer, or leave for the pros early. A few of these players are old enough to go to the WNBA after 3 seasons. I hope Evina stays, but the 2021-22 team is insanely stacked.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Plenty of room for Azzi + another player. The scholarship limit is actually 15 although UCONN rarely approaches that number. Anna Date of Birth is March 31, 2000 which makes her WNBA draft eligible in April 2022 & Evina Westbrook is WNBA eligible April 2020. The 2021 & 2022 HS classes are loaded with talent, UCONN might as well stock up.
So, Evina is draft eligible next spring and can conceivably head to the WNBA without ever playing a game for UConn. I certainly hope that doesn't happen. I also believe that a year or two of focused coaching from Geno et al. and UConn competition will serve Evina well for a long professional career.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So, Evina is draft eligible next spring and can conceivably head to the WNBA without ever playing a game for UConn. I certainly hope that doesn't happen. I also believe that a year or two of focused coaching from Geno et al. and UConn competition will serve Evina well for a long professional career.

I cant see her leaving without playing at least 1 year. Her TN resume would probably not get her drafted in the first 2 rounds. Maybe international but having UConn experience would clearly boost her prospects.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I certainly hope it doesn't happen either but.....

I cant see her leaving without playing at least 1 year. Her TN resume would probably not get her drafted in the first 2 rounds. Maybe international but having UConn experience would clearly boost her prospects.
Both Megan Walker and Evina are WNBA draft eligible in April 2020. I hope neither leaves, but I also hoped Morgan & Azura didn't. IMO both Evina and Megan are TODAY better WNBA prospects than Crystal who is projected to be a top 5-6 pick in the 2020 draft. This will not be a popular opinion but another year at UCONN is not likely to elevate Megan above Rennia Davis or Michaela Onyenwere as a WNBA SF prospect in 2021. One year at UCONN is not going to elevate Evina into top 1-3 pick in 2021 so the boost would be marginal. BTW none of this accounts for foreign players entering the WNBA draft. Awak Kuier for example would easily be the #1 pick in any of the next 3 WNBA drafts. Another sad reality is that some kids just don't like the college atmosphere as much as we think they should and want to get on with life.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I certainly hope it doesn't happen either but.....

Both Megan Walker and Evina are WNBA draft eligible in April 2020. I hope neither leaves, but I also hoped Morgan & Azura didn't. IMO both Evina and Megan are TODAY better WNBA prospects than Crystal who is projected to be a top 5-6 pick in the 2020 draft. This will not be a popular opinion but another year at UCONN is not likely to elevate Megan above Rennia Davis or Michaela Onyenwere as a WNBA SF prospect in 2021. One year at UCONN is not going to elevate Evina into top 1-3 pick in 2021 so the boost would be marginal. BTW none of this accounts for foreign players entering the WNBA draft. Awak Kuier for example would easily be the #1 pick in any of the next 3 WNBA drafts. Another sad reality is that some kids just don't like the college atmosphere as much as we think they should and want to get on with life.
OP SWERVE: I thought that it is a given that Sabrina is THE #1 pick in next year's draft?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
OP SWERVE: I thought that it is a given that Sabrina is THE #1 pick in next year's draft?
That is a given. I'd still stand by the statement that if Awak Kuier were in the 2020 draft she might be the #1 overall pick ahead of Sabrina. That's a refection of how highly I think of Awak not what I think of Sabrina. Awak floor is comparable to Jonquel Jones, with her ceiling being comparable to Sylvia Fowles. I don't see US college basketball in Awak's future therefore her shortest path to WNBA is 2021 draft.

Reaction Score
Unsigned sophomore. But she sure is committed.
Welcome back ---we missed you. Hope all is well and any issues no longer problems.\
To bring you up to date: Uconn WBB is winning! Ania and Griffin are scoring and playing D.
Megan, CW and Danger are leading and scoring. KYLA is playing as a Senior should play. Fini

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well, these past few months have been quite interesting, eh? View attachment 49226
Great work. One suggested improvement would be to delete ALL the RS designation. Evina is technically not a redshirt, she is sitting a year as required by NCAA for transferring=Year In Academic Residence.

Reaction Score
According to this chart , Westbrook will be RS and sit out at uconn for the next three years :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom