UConn @ Rice Owls (Saturday 10/7/23 @ 5p EDT. Game on ESPN+) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Rice Owls (Saturday 10/7/23 @ 5p EDT. Game on ESPN+)

Reaction Score

either tough sledding or a welcomed challenge for our secondary here.. Dixon-Williams and Archie in concussion protocol (2 of our starters) means everybody else must step up here... I truly hope our kids filling in can cease the moment this weekend... they should look at this opportunity to show they belong at this level of football.. just sayin... (and it won't be easy... former Georgia Bulldog JT Daniels is their starting QB)

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
My brother said he looked happy playing catch with Roberson on the sideline.
Thanks Zoo, glad to know he seems to be keeping his spirits up (probably a bit relieved not to have the burden of a losing streak on his shoulders).

Not that Mora needed to be chided by his dad, but in way it's great that he can get that kind of frank feedback from a coach that was successful in his own right.

Reaction Score
UConn's biggest weakness on defense is the secondary. Throw it down field and the success rate is extremely high. This is what Rice does very well. Not a good match up for us. Hope I am wrong, but Utah state picked us apart by attaching the weakest link. Stop the long ball and we could win, but i haven't seen the ability do so yet.
If you can’t cover deep you better bring a lot of pressure. We have to disrupt and take risk. The conservative horsepucky we do won’t cut it.

Reaction Score
In a game where UConn also ran for over 200 yards.

Would love to know what was the last FBS game UConn had with 250 yards passing and 200 yards running.
2018, in a 56-17 loss to UCF. Pindell threw for 266 yds and the team ran for 220 yds (Pindell accounted for 157).

Came close in 2021 in a 30-28 loss at Vandy: 331 yds passing, 192 yds rushing.

Reaction Score
Thanks Zoo, glad to know he seems to be keeping his spirits up (probably a bit relieved not to have the burden of a losing streak on his shoulders).

Not that Mora needed to be chided by his dad, but in way it's great that he can get that kind of frank feedback from a coach that was successful in his own right.
Interesting that both Hurley and Mora are "coaches kids"

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Interesting that both Hurley and Mora are "coaches kids"
Too bad none of Auriemma’s kids have his coaching brilliance, he could pass the legacy torch and still give advice.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I’m in the far northern suburbs and I drive slow. If we were 2-3 or 3-2, I’d go. I’m an empty nester now, but back in 2009 (or so) I packed the whole family in the car and we saw the Huskies dominate Baylor in Waco. That was fun.
I grew up in Richardson. Very nice area!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom