UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia - 2018 | The Boneyard

UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia - 2018

Reaction Score
We're in the heart of the off-season, so it's time for some UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia. I encourage everyone to take part in the fun.

This is a game where you try to out-think other forum posters.

Previous rounds have been hosted by @Mano, @Minicoop69, and myself. The rules will remain the same for this iteration.

Rules:
  • There are two types of questions: Sheep questions (1-13) and Reverse Sheep questions (14-25).
  • For Sheep questions (1-13), you want to answer what you think will be given most often by other people. For example, if the question is "Name a Duke player" a good answer might be Christian Laettner and a bad answer would likely be Nick Horvath.
  • For Reverse Sheep questions (14-25), you want to give the answer that you think will be given least often by other people. For example, if the question is "Name a basketball conference in the NCAA", a terrible answer would probably be the ACC. A good answer would probably be the Horizon League.
  • In Sheep questions, you get one negative point for every person that gives the same answer as you, including yourself. For example, if you and six other people said Laettner, all seven of you would get -7 points. No points are given if you are the only person to say an answer.
  • In Reverse Sheep questions, you get one positive point for every person that gives the same answer as you, including yourself. If you and ten other people said the ACC, you would get 11 points.
  • Incorrect answers in Reverse Sheep get the number of points for the answer with the most votes + 1, making it worse than giving the worst correct answer. Incorrect answers for Sheep questions will be worth 0.
  • The lowest total score wins. In the above two examples, your current score would be –7 + 11 = 4.
  • No using Google, Wikipedia, etc. if you don't have to. Try to remain moral in this (i.e. don't use them to cheat).
  • Fill out the Google Form to submit your answers. Do not post your responses in this thread or tell anyone else.
  • Answers are due by Sunday, June 17th at 11:59PM ET. Answers will be revealed over the following day(s).
UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia - 2018 Questions

All questions refer to the UConn men's basketball program unless otherwise specified.

Without further ado, here are the questions:

Sheep Questions (1-12):
1) Name an opposing head coach UConn has defeated in the National Championship.
2) Name a UConn player who was selected in the first round of the NBA Draft.
3) Name an assistant coach on Dan Hurley’s staff.
4) Name a UConn basketball player who was recruited from New York.
5) Name a player 6’11” or taller who played at UConn.
6) Name a player who played at UConn before the Calhoun era.
7) Name a state that hosted a Final Four that UConn participated in.
8) Name a player Ray Allen played with in his NBA career.
9) Name a foreign-born UConn player.
10) Name a school that defeated UConn in the NCAA Tournament.
11) Name a left-handed player who has played for UConn.
12) Name a player who never won a national championship at UConn.

Bonus 2x-Points Sheep Question:
13) Who has scored the most points in UConn Men’s Basketball history?

Reverse Sheep Questions (14-25):
14) Name a player who transferred into the UConn program under Kevin Ollie.
15) Name a school that UConn has defeated in the NCAA Tournament since 1985.
16) Name a player who has played at UConn under two different head coaches.
17) Name a former UConn player who has played in the NBA.
18) Name a scholarship player from the 2004 championship team.
19) Name a school that used to share a basketball conference with UConn, but no longer does.
20) Name a UConn player or assistant coach who became a head coach of a college program.
21) Name an NBA franchise a UConn alum has played for (must include player in answer).
22) Name a UConn player who earned all-conference honors.
23) Name a UConn freshman to average at least 10 PPG.
24) Name a player from UConn’s 2006 recruiting class (freshman for the 2006-2007 season).
25) Name a player, coach, or administrator in the Huskies of Honor.

UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia - 2018 Questions

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'll just leave this here.

qJCGDdH.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have this one in the bag.
Only thing standing in my way is collective stupidity of this board.

Reaction Score
Feeling good about this... My useless knowledge concerning UConn is frightening. The 20 minutes was a nice touch!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Any game that rules 11- 7 to be 5 is clearly beyond my capacity to understand in advance of playing. Fortunately, I'm sufficiently indifferent to winning or losing this time around so that I can simply give it ago and learn how it's scored afterward. The premise is fun.

Intuitively, I think the challenge is to choose my Reverse Sheep to be obscure but to have such choices be hipster darlings or their equivalent. And to hope that a high percentage of players consult only their memories.

PS - Fun, thanks, and great to have done without stressing over either winning or factually correct answers. Recommended.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can't get into Google docs with "Your connection is not private" ... anyone else get this error?

August_West

Reaction Score
You can’t just win the thing and then run away with it. You gotta actually defend your “title” at some point ya bonehead.

Reaction Score
i'm feeling confident about my go, i really like how you have to think before you answer

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Dumb question, but why not just put the most obvious answers in reverse sheep since everyone will theoretically be steering away from those and towards more obscure answers?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Dumb question, but why not just put the most obvious answers in reverse sheep since everyone will theoretically be steering away from those and towards more obscure answers?

It's a strategy. Sometimes it backfires, sometimes it's brilliant.

This is less a trivia contest than a psychology contest.

I put down Kemba Walker for every sheep question.
I put down Kemba Walker for every reverse sheep question.

Solid strategy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's a strategy. Sometimes it backfires, sometimes it's brilliant.

This is less a trivia contest than a psychology contest.

You can definitely get a feel for age of posters with several of the questions.
1. Name a foreign born player
2. Coach UConn best to win championship
3. Player who played for two different coaches

Reaction Score
There is no cap on the number of participants?

When you say no using google, are you talking like, a complete hard line policy, or can you look up the complete name and/or spelling of a player/conference/school that you have in your mind but can't quite recall?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Does an answer have to be correct? In the reverse section, if you just pick a random answer with no relation to the question, odds are, you'll be the only one with that answer.

August_West

Reaction Score
Does an answer have to be correct? In the reverse section, if you just pick a random answer with no relation to the question, odds are, you'll be the only one with that answer.

Yes it has to be correct

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You are penalized for inaccurate responses

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom