UConn returns to Maui in 2016 | The Boneyard

UConn returns to Maui in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“@ESPNAndyKatz: (Announced) 2016 Maui Invitational: UConn, Georgetown, Oregon, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Chaminade.”
I like this field. As long as Chaminade is on the other end of the bracket, you get 3 really good games.

Reaction Score
I dont know. Thats a pretty weak field. Do they still do that tournament up in Alaska? ;)

Reaction Score
We have G-Town on schedule for 2016, right? Could play them twice?

Reaction Score
Heck of a field. The schedule for the next couple of years is coming together nicely.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
We have G-Town on schedule for 2016, right? Could play them twice?
Possibly. Usually when teams are scheduled to meet in the regular season, the tournament does its best effort to keep them as far away from each other as possible in the brackets.

Reaction Score
tcf15 said:
“@ESPNAndyKatz: (Announced) 2016 Maui Invitational: UConn, Georgetown, Oregon, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Chaminade.”

So Atlantis next year and Maui the year after. That's awesome. Maui field is legit.

Reaction Score
Hmmm...2016 is also my 20th wedding anniversary.

"Hey hon, you're not going to believe this, but UConn is playing in some tournament here this weekend! What a coincidence, eh?!?"

Seriously - it's my 10th and I promised the wife Hawaii for our 10th anniversary. How do I get tickets?!?

Reaction Score
Nice field, and nice to remain in the public consciousness with a high profile tourney like this. My main concern these days is just continually establishing UConn as relevant in the post-BE era. This helps. (Winning the national title helped a bit, too....)

Reaction Score
...what?

Pretty sure he's hoping that UConn is in the Big 10 or ACC by then. Still, UConn would stay in the tournament. Florida State and Notre Dame were in the same preseason tournament this year.

Reaction Score
2016 might as well be 2026 at my age. I'm still trying to get through this year.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Pretty sure he's hoping that UConn is in the Big 10 or ACC by then. Still, UConn would stay in the tournament. Florida State and Notre Dame were in the same preseason tournament this year.
Ah yes, good call, I should have figured that out on my own.

Yeah, most of these early season tournaments are allowing 2 teams from the same conference to play because of conference realignment. Look no further than Puerto Rico this year. Dayton and George Mason are both now A-10 schools, but Mason got the invite while still in the CAA.

Reaction Score
Ah yes, good call, I should have figured that out on my own.

Yeah, most of these early season tournaments are allowing 2 teams from the same conference to play because of conference realignment. Look no further than Puerto Rico this year. Dayton and George Mason are both now A-10 schools, but Mason got the invite while still in the CAA.

even better if we don't have to pull out! the 2 games at mohegan sun were predetermined so ND and FSU couldn't have played. also, dayton couldn't have played anyone from the A-10 because that team doesn't exist :)

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Chaminade seems out of place...

BUHusky

Reaction Score
even better if we don't have to pull out! the 2 games at mohegan sun were predetermined so ND and FSU couldn't have played. also, dayton couldn't have played anyone from the A-10 because that team doesn't exist :)
haha, right. I was living in DC in 2006, so you don't have to remind me...

Also, it looks like the Hall of Fame Tipoff at Mohegan Sun was changed to a round robin format just for this year (so it guaranteed FSU and ND would not play). I'm assuming they'll go back to a normal 4 team tournament next year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
amazing field, just told my wife we're going and she said you won't have to axe me twice

I wonder if she realizes we're going to be sitting in a sweaty high school gym the whole time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom