UConn reports perfect APR score for 2015-16 | The Boneyard

UConn reports perfect APR score for 2015-16

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That's good. I expect a dip this year with the transfers. Gotta keep that average up.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You would take another banning and loss of scolarships? Likely for multiple years given it would be the second violation. Without JC to bail us out. You are way dumber than I thought.

You're missing the point. This is exactly what he wants. If Calhoun isn't around to take UConn to a championship, nobody should be able to.

Reaction Score
At what point do we wonder if the women's program and their non-perfect APR undermines the mission of the University as a whole?

I love what Geno has accomplished, but I don't want to turn this into a basketball factory at the expense of putting the STUDENT first in student-athlete. Right now they're lions on the court and sheep in the classroom. I'd prefer what Ollie has managed to accomplish in competing for a league title (made it to the semis for the fourth straight year) while also being the gatekeeper of STANDARDS. Most players go pro in something OTHER than sports. It's about time Geno starts running his program that way.

Reaction Score
At what point do we wonder if the women's program and their non-perfect APR undermines the mission of the University as a whole?

I love what Geno has accomplished, but I don't want to turn this into a basketball factory at the expense of putting the STUDENT first in student-athlete. Right now they're lions on the court and sheep in the classroom. I'd prefer what Ollie has managed to accomplish in competing for a league title (made it to the semis for the fourth straight year) while also being the gatekeeper of STANDARDS. Most players go pro in something OTHER than sports. It's about time Geno starts running his program that way.
I know this is satire and good satire at that but every player who has been in his program for four years has graduated and I think that's actually really impressive.

Reaction Score
For all the warts that have popped up the last couple years, I am happy to see this. I'm curious (because I don't know the calc) how the transfer wave will hit this in the upcoming years but I'll say this....

As big a Calhoun apologist as I was, I felt he started taking the questionable kid just to win towards the end. Nice to see that Ollie has rebuilt some of that....even at the expense of the standings.

Reaction Score
For all the warts that have popped up the last couple years, I am happy to see this. I'm curious (because I don't know the calc) how the transfer wave will hit this in the upcoming years but I'll say this....

As big a Calhoun apologist as I was, I felt he started taking the questionable kid just to win towards the end. Nice to see that Ollie has rebuilt some of that....even at the expense of the standings.

One of the biggest farces about this whole thing is the narrative that having a bad APR meant that kids weren't going to class, or we were taking stupid kids. APR is not a gauge of the academic ability of the team.

It largely boiled down to the fact that: we had a ton of transfers, who are held to a higher academic standard upon their departure than kids who stay in the program, and many of our seniors were NBA prospects who spent the spring training for the draft instead of completing their studies.

There are many ways to game the system to allow for a successful APR in spite of these circumstances. JC thumbed his nose at the system instead of finding a way to get by, and we paid the price due the Emmert's vendetta.

But the kids JC took that hurt our APR were questionable in a basketball sense, not an academic sense. I had hoped our own fans would understand the subtleties and not perpetuate bogus narratives.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I take these better APR's as an indicator that UConn does a better job on transfers and players leaving g the program during last semester.

All this means is UConn is more proactive making sure they leave in good academic standing

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Sorry I just can't get excited about this APR BS.

You believe APR success vs. on-court success is a zero-sum game. I think this whole thread is above your mental capacity.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

He kept trying to find his next Caron.

C

Chief00

Let's be fair - the only way Calhoun's team failed the APR - was they made a new rule retroactive. By under standard of fairness this is total BS. You can't do this with laws but a private organization can do what it wants.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom