UConn Report podcast: 'Super seniors' Isaiah Whaley, Tyler Polley on expectations for the season | The Boneyard

UConn Report podcast: 'Super seniors' Isaiah Whaley, Tyler Polley on expectations for the season

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think that's the point. They're 5th-year guys.

Of course. Just saying it wasn't actually so "super" back then, under the circumstances. They weren't getting a master's degree, you know?

Reaction Score
The podcast contains decent information, but it is painful to listen to. Let's just say Borges is no Howard Stern.

Of note, Tyler's personal goal is to shoot over 40% from three this season. Squirrel says he wants to be national DPOY, and he has been working on his three-pointer, which he says he will shoot even more often than last year.

On NIL, they both brushed it off and said they are not thinking about it and haven't done any deals yet.

On playing time, both players said that they will do whatever it takes to win, and they will take whatever minutes Coach gives them. Squirrel mentioned not starting in an ambiguous way, and I'm not sure if he was speaking hypothetically, or if he is under the impression that he won't be starting.

Reaction Score
When asked about the freshmen, I think it was Whaley who said( paraphrase)…”I was surprised what a good shooter Hawkins is. 3 level scorer. And both Hawkins and Samson were more athletic than he expected”. Good stuff for sure

Reaction Score
When I was in high school there was a kid nicknamed "the wrench." He was . . . anatomically blessed. I laugh every time I hear Whaley called that.

Reaction Score
"Super seniors" was what we called the guys in my HS graduating class who should have graduated the year before.
Sounds better than "special seniors".

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The Wrench sounds forced and contrived. I thought Zay was the most natural sounding nickname I heard for him. But then again, if they insist on going with the wrench, the cheering squad can come up with a "You can't bench the Wrench" line.
On 2nd thought, that makes it even worse.
Zay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom