UConn recruiting Juwan Gary the hardest | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn recruiting Juwan Gary the hardest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For all the posting, the math here is pretty basic, I think.

If this team improves, Ollie gets another year. Risky given the recent history, but you can't just punt an alum out the door with a big buy out with a mostly rag tag group of players who showed promise and a recruiting class that is beginning to round out to being a better constructed roster moreso than a team that's guaranteed to be better. If they improve, steal a win against a better team, maybe a deep run in the conference tournament and guys like Larrier and Gilbert coming back - I don't know how you turn away from that. It's worth a shot.

If this team trends goes back into the hole in the next 3-4 weeks, I think he's probably gone. The clock is just ticking. They'll figure the buy out if forced to do so, but it's going to be a 3-5 year road back to relevance assuming that's possible - which there's a chance (which I don't think is as big as some people make it out to be) that we just don't.

That's it, really.

Reaction Score
Chief would be surprised if KO isn’t back - the season would have to totally implode for that to happen and arguably our current trajectory is upward. Quite frankly, Chief’s not trying to sugar coat things but just being real. The buyout is a big hurdle and the negative evidence would need to be overwhelming.

Austin316 Agrees.

Stone Cold thinks we have the pieces for a bright future. Don’t think we will have too many transfers this time around and if our guys are smart they will improve their draft position if they explode next years top 25 ranks should they choose to stay. KO is still learning how to be a head coach and must understand how to fall and get up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Back on topic. This kid is 6'6" and already 200 pounds at 16 years old. That's ideal for a shooter in the modern game. It's also ideally what this team needs. It's encouraging at the least that Ollie recognizes it.

I don't know if we have a chance, but a player like this has to be our priority. We do have a great history of putting bigger SG swingmen who can shoot into the NBA.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
For all the posting, the math here is pretty basic, I think.

If this team improves, Ollie gets another year. Risky given the recent history, but you can't just punt an alum out the door with a big buy out with a mostly rag tag group of players who showed promise and a recruiting class that is beginning to round out to being a better constructed roster moreso than a team that's guaranteed to be better. If they improve, steal a win against a better team, maybe a deep run in the conference tournament and guys like Larrier and Gilbert coming back - I don't know how you turn away from that. It's worth a shot.

If this team trends goes back into the hole in the next 3-4 weeks, I think he's probably gone. The clock is just ticking. They'll figure the buy out if forced to do so, but it's going to be a 3-5 year road back to relevance assuming that's possible - which there's a chance (which I don't think is as big as some people make it out to be) that we just don't.

That's it, really.

You also have to factor in Chillious who has proven to pull in major recruits to not a not so major university (granted, they played in a P5). For all the angst out there, much of it warranted, we're still in the infancy of being able to recruit at full strength and with a new team of recruiters.

Reaction Score
Eh I don't buy the argument they haven't been able to grab good enough talent. You look at rankings, we're as good as anyone not in the top 5-10 every year and that's actually a true statement. Our recruiting on its face laps most of what's in this conference. But we're pretty bad every year. I don't think recruiting has been a problem, ever. I think player development and coaching has.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I can't imagine any good player with good offers to other schools picking this one unless there's a new coach and a new energy around the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom