UConn recruiting Juwan Gary the hardest | The Boneyard

UConn recruiting Juwan Gary the hardest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully the kid can shoot very well.

The 6-foot-6, 200-pound small forward said the Huskies are recruiting the hardest. What is Kevin Ollie’s staff doing different than other schools involved?

“Making me a priority,” Gary said. “Coming down to the school, usually they come down to the school and talk like, ‘hey how are you doing?’ Since the Coach Kevin Ollie has been talking to my parents for a couple of weeks now, talking back and forth about how my grades have been looking, they’ve been looking at my transcript the other day."

UConn recruiting Juwan Gary the hardest, while Duke shows initial interest

Reaction Score
These recruiting threads are a hoot. I’m recruiting Deepika Padukone. I guess I’ve got a shot :rolleyes:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Our best rated pro prospect is slotted for the 14th round of the draft

Reaction Score
Blurb I got on my phone, "UConn Aggressively Recruiting 4 -star recruit" Of course they are - I mean that's the whole point isn't it?

Reaction Score
It’s funny because there is a lot of KO bashing lately and I’ve been on the bandwagon myself but there is a possibility that KO is recruiting balls to the wall and not converting, that he is teaching the proper offensive and defensive techniques, and that the players either can’t or won’t get it. In other words, everything that could be going wrong is, and KO is not at fault. This all makes sense until you remember that these are his players.

Reaction Score
It’s funny because there is a lot of KO bashing lately and I’ve been on the bandwagon myself but there is a possibility that KO is recruiting balls to the wall and not converting, that he is teaching the proper offensive and defensive techniques, and that the players either can’t or won’t get it. In other words, everything that could be going wrong is, and KO is not at fault. This all makes sense until you remember that these are his players.
So there's an honors class in high school, the teacher hand picked the kids in the class from the honors students in the school and nobody in the class has a better grade than a C and a lot of the kids are flunking. Are all the kids in the class dummies or is the teacher at fault?

Reaction Score
Nothing Ollie is recruiting matters.

Saying that makes me really sad.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's all about the shooters as much as how disorganized we look around the basket when we shoot the basketball... As of late, the majority of the time we have NO ONE on the glass fighing for position to clean up around it... NO ONE... That's the most disturbing part about what's going on with UConn Men's Basketball at this point in time... If this kid has the ability to not only shoot the basketball, but to bang on the boards a bit, he's got plent enough size to do both at the College Basketball level... Without that we look inferior to all our opponents...

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Do we have any shot at that other freak SF from SC we offered Christian Brown?

Reaction Score
I've seen him as high as 28 on some rankings lists. He's really, really good.

I just dunno how Ollie's employment situation plays here. Could snag him pretty quickly if that wasn't the case.

C

Chief00

I do think that the administration will look for reasons to give Ollie more time and avoid paying that buyout money. Landing a top-40 2019 recruit would be a good start.

Chief would be surprised if KO isn’t back - the season would have to totally implode for that to happen and arguably our current trajectory is upward. Quite frankly, Chief’s not trying to sugar coat things but just being real. The buyout is a big hurdle and the negative evidence would need to be overwhelming.

Reaction Score
Chief would be surprised if KO isn’t back - the season would have to totally implode for that to happen and arguably our current trajectory is upward. Quite frankly, Chief’s not trying to sugar coat things but just being real. The buyout is a big hurdle and the negative evidence would need to be overwhelming.

I wish every recruiting thread didn't turn into this. Not blaming you, but with every recruit, we highlight the coach's status.

pj

Reaction Score

KO will be back. You don't fire him for the 2016-17 disaster in summer 2018. If he continues to keep the team on a good trajectory, then he gets another year. And additional years as long as he continues to demonstrate competence.

C

Chief00

I wish every recruiting thread didn't turn into this. Not blaming you, but with every recruit, we highlight the coach's status.
Yeah, I was just responding to the post before me. I was trying to reassure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom